Alpine/Trad July weekends and 2nd half of August

KAB

Hey all,

I've got a bunch of time coming up without a climbing partner and am looking to get some stuff done. I prefer to climb alpine and multi-pitch trad, but am generally open to all things climbing. I'm available for the remainder of this weekend, July 11-13, July 25-27, and for the entire second half of August. As is typical, these climbing romances usually start with feeling each other out at a local crag, gym, or bar setting :brew:--I'm unlikely to dive into the alpine with someone I haven't climbed with at all yet. That said, I'm eager to develop some new reliable climbing partnerships.

A climbing resume for you:

I lead 5.10 trad, 5.11- sport, WI3, and am willing to climb easier or follow harder than what's listed here. I'm a decent skier, though I generally stay away from ski-or-die terrain. (I ski plenty of ski or "ouch, that really, really hurt" terrain though).

Some recent experience from the last few weeks: Snowfield Peak (W Ridge), The Horseman (E Face), Colonial Peak (W Ridge), The Tooth (S Face), Liberty Bell (NW Face), NEWS (W Face), Concord Tower (N Face), Mt Pilchuck (ski descent), Squamish (Angels Crest, Peasants Route, Exasperator), Outer Space, and oodles of cragging.

Other experience: Bugaboo Spire (Kain Rte), Grand Teton (Exum), NW Corner NEWS, Mt Baker (N Ridge, Easton-Deming, Coleman-Deming(ski-descent)), Squamish Grand Wall, yadda yadda yadda...

Potential goals:

W Ridge Forbidden, E Ridge Eldorado, Kautz Rte on Rainier, NE Ridge Triumph, Serpentine Arete Dragontail, Coleman Headwall on Baker, South Spur Adams (ski), Mt Ruth (Ski), Shuksan Fisher Chimneys, Index/Exits on weekdays, etc.

I like to climb, drop me a PM if you like to climb too,

Kevin

PS If it matters, I'm 27, not a jackass, and in Seattle.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

Name is Julie Perumal, living in Bellingham. My husband works for american alpine institute leaving me often without my climbing partner. I was looking to climb in the Washington Pass area this weekend but have not yet secured a partner. Let me know if you are intersted in talking.

I lead 5.9 comfy and follow 5.11 comfy.

Phone is 937-286-4252

Cheers,

Julie

I am intrested in a Mt. Adams (south Spur) climb on July 26th and 27th. I am not a skier though!

I am 26 year old personal trainer from Puyallup, WA. I don't know anyone my age that climbs and am looking for a partner as well.

I have done a lot of hiking but my only real summit is Mt. Rainer (DC rout) last summer.

If you are interested, I am going up Mt. Ruth this Sat with a client.

I have a good fitness level and I would love to learn from someone with more experience.

Thanks,

Josh

Whats up KAB,

I happen to be lookin for partners for alpine/rock. I have two, but schedule differences don't allow for as much climbing as I would like.

I've been in Seattle for a year and a half.

Started indoor climbing many years ago, then bouldering, backpacking in Cali including the high sierra, and finally lead outdoor and alpine.

My res is less than yours. Lead 5.9,5.10 sport, 5.8,5.9 trad, climbed to Baker camp, camp muir, south early winter spire, another peak near baker, local rock: exit 32, 38, chief, mt erie, frenchman coulee, leavenworth.

Love the outdoors and climbing man.

I'm down to hang out anytime, maybe climb locally and go from there.

Mark

mk_adventure@yahoo.com