Rest in Peace Jesse Helms

Fairweather

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Strom Thurman school of cosmology

Is that closer to string theory or quantum mechanics?

I know so few big words that when I have a chance I have to use them, in which case they are often mis-spelled. Like Emily Latila - the old Saturday Night Live skit wherein she mis-heard the word Presidential Elections as Presidential ERECTIONS, and spent 5 min ranting on "Whats all the big deal about Presidential ERECTIONS? until she was corrected by Chevy Chase on the correct phraseology. "Emily", Chevy said "it's Presidential Elections ....Presidential Elections.

Emily quietly muttered, as the finale: "Nevermind".

I stand corrected: cosmetology

Nevermind.

He was a racist but he is still a human. Glorifying the death of anyone is an outrageous activity and this website does it religiously. Maybe you all need to think about what you are saying and ask yourselves if you would do this in front of their grieving widdows. Just saying. Guy made some mistakes in his life. He's dead now and not here to defend himself. Show some class.

It just seems interesting that you guys talk so much shit only after a guy is dead. I guess dead guys can't kick your ass so they are fair game huh?

No, we talk plenty of shit about the living, too, in case you haven't noticed. Death just brings the prick's name into the headlines, which brings it to spray. Shit flows down hill. You're a soldier; surely you know that.

If Cheney hasn't yet knocked on our doors to kick our ass, I don't think Helms was much of the threat.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

He was a racist but he is still a human. Maybe you all need to think about what you are saying and ask yourselves if you would do this in front of their grieving widdows. Just saying. Guy made some mistakes in his life. He's dead now and not here to defend himself. Show some class.

hey- let's not talk bad about lenin, stalin, pol pot and hitler. great fucking humans too. maybe you should also think about the trail of the victims these assholes left behind. sure thing- these guys made some mistakes, but they are not here to defend themselves- right? great fucking logic! face it- the reality is world is a better place without them.

Greatest Americans!? Jesse Helms!?!?

It's a sad comment that you would think highly of a backwards, racist son of a bitch like Jesse Helms.

Good Riddance, Jesse, the earth will truly be better off without you.

From the link I posted:

"When he retired in 2002, North Carolina's junior senator, a Democrat with whom he had often tangled, was among those paying him tribute: "The people of North Carolina will never forget the work and the kindness and the personal attention that he has given to them," he said. John Edwards knew that from experience. Before Edwards ever entered politics, Helms heard about the death of his teen-age son, Wade, in a car accident and went to the floor of the Senate to enter into the Congressional Record an essay that Wade Edwards had written about the meaning of patriotism"

He showed more class as a human being with this one gesture than any of you worthless hateful fucks who dance on his grave.

He was a racist but he is still a human. Maybe you all need to think about what you are saying and ask yourselves if you would do this in front of their grieving widdows. Just saying. Guy made some mistakes in his life. He's dead now and not here to defend himself. Show some class.

hey- let's not talk bad about lenin, stalin, pol pot and hitler. great fucking humans too. maybe you should also think about the trail of the victims these assholes left behind. sure thing- these guys made some mistakes, but they are not here to defend themselves- right? great fucking logic! face it- the reality is world is a better place without them.

Hitler, Lenin, Pol Pot, Stalin; they were responsible for what? 1,000,000,000 in my rough estimation and have all been dead for 1/2 a decade. A man just died and isn't even in the earth and you are talking shit like a bitch. If you had 1/2 the balls in real life you had on this website you would be a real bad-ass indeed. Too bad you are all bark and no bite.

I've said the same thing to people in real life following his passing the other day. He was a son of a bitch asshole who based his political career around maintaining segregation and racism best he could, shoving religion down our throats and a whole host of other backwards beliefs. Most shared my opinion.

Can you honestly attribute any good to him that can overcome the negatives of his serious character flaws? As I said before, I honestly believe the world is a better place without people such as jesse helms. Sure, I certainly understand his family suffered a loss, but I'm guessing most of them shared his views anyway.

If you like Jesse Helms, it says something about you personally, and it's not a good comment.

I can say nothing good of him either. That is why I say nothing of him. You guys think your opinions matter so much. Pissing on soomeone's grave is an animalistic activity.

Our government has more class than that. Since you feel you are so high above the members of our government. Why don't you act like it and show some class?

Greatest Americans!? Jesse Helms!?!?

It's a sad comment that you would think highly of a backwards, racist son of a bitch like Jesse Helms.

Good Riddance, Jesse, the earth will truly be better off without you.

From the link I posted:

"When he retired in 2002, North Carolina's junior senator, a Democrat with whom he had often tangled, was among those paying him tribute: "The people of North Carolina will never forget the work and the kindness and the personal attention that he has given to them," he said. John Edwards knew that from experience. Before Edwards ever entered politics, Helms heard about the death of his teen-age son, Wade, in a car accident and went to the floor of the Senate to enter into the Congressional Record an essay that Wade Edwards had written about the meaning of patriotism"

He showed more class as a human being with this one gesture than any of you worthless hateful fucks who dance on his grave.

Awwww. That's so heartwarming. Did you know that Hitler loved dogs and was very kind to his secretary?

Dude, WTF, it's a discussion board on the god damn interent. Of COURSE people are going to share their opinions. Pretty much every discussion in life, in fact, involves exchanging opinions in one way or another. Do you really think espousing negative opinions of a jackass who died is unique to cascadeclimbers.com, or us?? Have you ever read an editorial page? Perhaps attended a dinner party? Or what about shared lunch with some other people? Any time an opinion is offered do you immediately ask your companions why they think their opinions matter so much?

What does this have to do with our government having class or us feeling we "are so high above the members of our government?"

It's an animalistic activity? So is eating. Get a grip.