Who is

kevbone

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my choice should be perfectly obvious, given my posting of a few minutes ago. technical brilliance is one thing, but singing / songwriting and a real soul count as much or more, so far as I'm concerned.

Mark Knopfler.

my choice should be perfectly obvious, given my posting of a few minutes ago. technical brilliance is one thing, but singing / songwriting and a real soul count as much or more, so far as I'm concerned.

Mark Knopfler.

Agreed!

Mark Knopfler.

I've been listening to Kill To Get Crimson lately, some really great stuff in there. "Punish The Monkey" is a brilliant song.

They played Sultans the other night, but I wish you could have seen Telegraph Road!

It started off as one of those meandering intros, where you don't know what the song is. Knopfler was playing his National, rhythm mostly, and Bennett (his second) was playing lead on a strat. It was a perfect combination of piano, organ, the guitars. bliss actually.

then it turned into Telegraph Road, and they just kept building it up. Mark switched over to his Pensa, and took over lead. The song went on for a long time and kept getting bigger and then smaller. It was incredible. Best song of the night.

I know, i'm just like a little girl squealing over a pony. Cut me some slack....

Hard to beat Texas Flood. I remember the day he died, no one knew for a while whether it was his or Eric Clapton's helicopter that had gone down. It was going to be horrible either way. Then we found out. What a tragedy.

Hard to beat Texas Flood. I remember the day he died, no one knew for a while whether it was his or Eric Clapton's helicopter that had gone down. It was going to be horrible either way. Then we found out. What a tragedy.
Me too. I was driving back with a Fed. Survey crew from a days work in the Mountain Loop Forest when I heard the news. Sad day...

Had a chance to see SRV live here in Spokane with Bonnie Raitt back in the day. I passed cuz I thought the tickets were too expensive.

One of those subjects we avoid in the house. My wife's still pissed about missin that concert...

A mistake I will not repeat...

sigh

d