Obama

akhalteke

For 20 years he donated heavily to and attended regularly to a church that:

is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology.

this church's pastor says

God damn America!

and also implies that the US Government created AIDS to kill the African Americans, created the 3 strike rule to imprison African Americans and that the US brought on Sept. 11th.

more of the same:

They purposely infected African American men with syphilis.

What I don't understand is how a man can devote 20 years of his life to something and spend hundreds of thousands of dollars endorsing; only to turn as soon as the relationship is made public.

You cannot tell me that he just missed the racially charged, anti-american bulletins every week. You cant tell me he was just sleeping in church when Wright was screaming "GOD DAMN AMERICA!"

Please, I want to understand how you deal with this seemingly obvious problem? How can you run a country that you don't care about and one that your wife only just started to be proud of when her husband was running for office.

It is beyond me how you cannot be proud of this great country after we all came together 7 years ago. This blows my mind and I cannot understand how you can just let this slip on by like it is just a minor character flaw to be overlooked.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trollin' Trollin' Trollin'

Keep Trolling', Trolling', Trolling',

Though they're disapprovin',

Keep them doggies Trolling' Rawhide!

Don't try to understand 'em,

Just rope and throw and grab 'em,

Soon we'll be living high and wide.

Boy my otter's calculatin'

My true love will be waitin', be waiting at the end of my ride.

Troll 'em on, head 'em up,

Troll 'em up, move 'em out,

Move 'em on, head 'em out Rawhide!

Set 'em out, ride 'em in

Ride 'em in, let 'em out,

Troll 'em out, ride 'em in Rawhide.

I'm certain that the 3 quotes you list in your post constitute the entire body of theological, political, and social discourse that occured in that church over the past 20 years. I'm impressed by the depth of your research and the sophistication of your analysis. :crosseye:

I'm certain that the 3 quotes you list in your post constitute the entire body of theological, political, and social discourse that occured in that church over the past 20 years. I'm impressed by the depth of your research and the sophistication of your analysis. :crosseye:

Sorry, I actually work for a living. I only post here while eating lunch and dinner.

Sorry, I actually work for a living. I only post here while eating lunch and dinner.

or when drinking a 30 pack of shitty beer

or when drinking a 30 pack of shitty beer

why ingest shit?

I am serious. I cannot understand how it is not a bigger deal to people. The church you attend is a pretty big part of who you are. If that is who he is, I am scared.

I bet you haven't gotten over the Gennifer Flowers thing either, which started just as the first primaries were happening - but like it was proven later by most folks when they voted with their feet then. The shocking part where Clinton got the budget balanced in 5 years, like he said!, proved the majority (not a few whiners like Rush who were in the minority and trying to make a buck on complaining) of the American people had their priorities correct.

I'm willing to let the man have that incongruity as it's a personal thing which although most of us would not agree with, nor approve of: it's truly a deeply personal thing, and not indicative, in my mind, of the larger policy and stratigic challenges we are looking at for the next 4 years. To be clear, blatantly lying about the public funding issue is over that line for me.

For McCain, I don't give a rats ass than it's his second wife. The Keating 5 money should be looked at very very closely.

I'll confess I do not know, at this time, who would be the better President. They both have many faults, and many strengths.

Spoken like Groucho" ...and if that is not clear enough, I'll see you a Paula Jones and raise you a Gennifer Flowers.!!!"

GrouchoMarx.jpg

Sorry. I was climbing then working.

You probably have not spent much time with minorities.

They tend to use strong language when talking about taking it up the ass.

America is not perfect.

For example, our current president sends our people to get killed in a war that is considered illegal by the rest of the world. He does this based on a sring of lies. He also pardoned a man who was convicted of conspiring to cover up the investigation of an act of treason.

A lot of people still think he is an honest man.

Now THAT scares me.