R.I.P. Tom

ZONK

Heard today Tom Clausing was among those who was killed in a mid air crash in Phoenix. I just wanted to send out my thoughts of sadness when I heard the news to his family and friends. He was One of the Great guys out there in the world working to save others.

Thank You For the couple of Climbs we shared Tom, seems like a long time ago.

Peace be with You and your Family.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That is really sad, what a terrible accident. Very good people, I'm really sorry to hear this news. Tom & Lucca taught a WFR course I took about 8 years ago or so. Tom was a great motivator & educator, he reached everyone and established a really positive environment for the class. During breaks he'd play hackysack with the students.

Condolences to family and friends, I'm sure Tom made a difference in a lot of people's lives.

I took a WFR from Tom just a few months ago. He struck me as an unforgettable educator, truly talented and intelligent, but also deeply funny and witty. He incorporated that humor into his work and truly connected with the class of 30 students -- not an easy thing to do!

I was stunned to hear this news and can only send best wishes and thoughts to Lucca and his family and friends. What a great life that guy had, and how wonderful it was for me to get to know him even briefly.