Exit 38 bandits

LUCKY

I wear a seatbelt, but cops are spending an inordinate amount of time setting up night time "stings" trying to apprehend violators when there are clearly better things to do. Smells like "revenue" to me. BTW: I get annoyed when I hear the "we all pay for it if you don't..." argument. That little gem can be used by the state to employ almost any kind of tyranny they please.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear a seatbelt, but cops are spending an inordinate amount of time setting up night time "stings" trying to apprehend violators when there are clearly better things to do. Smells like "revenue" to me. BTW: I get annoyed when I hear the "we all pay for it if you don't..." argument. That little gem can be used by the state to employ almost any kind of tyranny they please.

Now here I wonder: do you really see cops hiding in the bushes trying to catch people who don't wear their seatbelts? Fircrest must really be a pretty tame neighborhood! Here in the Big City they are looking for drunks and people who run red lights.

I kinda wish they'd crack down on those clueless idiots who are chatting on their cell phones and holding up traffic, though. 'Bastards me miss at least three stoplights today. :cry:

Actually, last month's emphasis patrols included police in "civilian" clothes at intersections looking into cars and radioing ahead when they spotted violators. I kid you not.

http://www.wtsc.wa.gov/pie/releases/ntsbe2.php

This May, the patrols will be conducted in the same manner as before, involving both an observational officer and patrol vehicles. When an unbuckled motorist is spotted, the observing officer radios ahead to the patrol vehicle to make the stop.

Next thing you know, they'll be busting us for not having a garbage bag or hugging.

I can't find the trash bag law, but here's the hugging one:

It shall be unlawful for any person to operate a motor vehicle upon the highways of this state when such person has in his or her embrace another person which prevents the free and unhampered operation of such vehicle...

It shall be unlawful for any person to operate a motor vehicle upon the highways of this state when such person has in his or her embrace another person which prevents the free and unhampered operation of such vehicle...

This is why the tilt steering wheel was invented. :fahq:

Does anyone see anything wrong with sitting up in the hills a ways with a Winchester 30-06, some 240 grain hollow points, a Bushnell 9X scope, and a clear line of sight?

Nice idea Sobo but the '06 takes up to a 220gr and it aint a HP. You'd need a 180gr HP and something a little better than a Bushnell POS :)

Last time some guys started hanging out at Exit 38 with a couple of M4s, 10x binos, digital cameras and a cell phone this shit stopped for awhile. Funny how quickly the word gets out.

Actually, last month's emphasis patrols included police in "civilian" clothes at intersections looking into cars and radioing ahead when they spotted violators. I kid you not.

This May, the patrols will be conducted in the same manner as before, involving both an observational officer and patrol vehicles. When an unbuckled motorist is spotted, the observing officer radios ahead to the patrol vehicle to make the stop.

I thought seat belts were a secondary violation and you had to be pulled over for another violation first? Either way, it is pretty easy for them to say you were swerving or whatever then give you the seat belt ticket. I always were mine, especially since my insurance won't cover me in a wreck if I don't were it.

Does anyone see anything wrong with sitting up in the hills a ways with a Winchester 30-06, some 240 grain hollow points, a Bushnell 9X scope, and a clear line of sight?

Nice idea Sobo but the '06 takes up to a 220gr and it aint a HP. You'd need a 180gr HP and something a little better than a Bushnell POS :)

Last time some guys started hanging out at Exit 38 with a couple of M4s, 10x binos, digital cameras and a cell phone this shit stopped for awhile. Funny how quickly the word gets out.

You tinhorns, the .308 is the supreme long-range round. If my hands didn't shake so much I could knock the cock off a housefly at 600 yards.

You know, not to kill 'em or anything unruly like that. Just spray a few rounds at their feet and at their rig as they peel outta the parking lot, squealing like stuck pigs. Just asking...

not at all... and it would easy to gage wind with some smoke from your new car alarm too.

Auto_security.jpg

Dane-

Good points all. You know I won't go toe-to-toe with you concerning leaded projectile weaponry. That's your bidness. How are you doing now, anyway? I need to call you, man.

Mikester-

The car alarm looks like a great idea. I need to get a new beater car for that one.

denalidave-

The seatbelt violation is not a secondary offense.

Regarding the hugging law: Why can't that be applied to more than just people? These fux that drive around with their goddamned dog or cat in their lap fucking piss me off. Last week in my rear view mirror, I watched a basset hound jump out of a woman's Mercedes at a stop light and run into the opposing traffic and promptly get flattened by an 18-wheeler that couldn't stop fast enough. WTF is wrong with these people that do this with their pets?

:wazup:

Doing something similar here with sidewalk emphasis patrols. Plainclothes coppers (sporting the West Coast Choppers look) cross a sidewalk with the pedestrian light in their favor, then when someone cuts in front of him or crosses the line behind him while he's still less than halfway across gets pinched when West Coast Chopper guy radios ahead to his compadres in the waiting cruisers. I actually like this idea. Being a frequent ped, I get disrespected a lot by the motoring public around this town.

Regarding the hugging law: Why can't that be applied to more than just people?

Isn't the other name of that law the "Dicksucking" law? It's not the "Basset Hound lap" law. :lmao:

BTW, Kyle told me this weekend that the Clackamas River put in (for rafting) was ALWAYS being hit with car breakins. ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Till some Navy Seals who rafted in their free time staked it out once and beat some pricks ass that night.

There has not been a break in since. Not one.

Regarding the hugging law: Why can't that be applied to more than just people?

Isn't the other name of that law the "Dicksucking" law? It's not the "Basset Hound lap" law. :lmao:

I see absolutely nothing wrong with getting road head. It is patently not illegal.