Friday AM weight in

Great idea eh?

Receipe in disaster as I see it ... promotes crash dieting and starvation.

This idea seems to be spreading as there is some town in Oregon doing the same thing. It's great people want to get in shape but the idea promotes a certain amount of ignorance, as you say, crash dieting, etc. Weight lost isn't fat lost, and this can be dangerous for some. Many won't understand why they're so tired and give up and yo-yo back up to the same or higher weight, thinking "I've tried dieting and it doesn't work, etc." Which reinforces their depression, or whatever negative emotions they have about their weight. Exercise, weight loss, maintenance - it's not a simple discipline one just switches on overnight. Understanding and controlling one's physiology and how one eats and how many calories and what kind to take in is a lot of work to understand and practice. Maybe you could mention this to your workplace. I don't know what kind of workplace it is, but I work in an industrial setting and when people aren't adequately nourished they get tired and fuzzy-headed and that can be dangerous to them and others.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic