Learn to climb glaciers from exp. instructors?

scot'teryx

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would assume that this is a group of the Mounties who often use the lower Nisqually for their crevasse rescue practices.

Experienced instructors? That's a whole seperate issue!

It's Trad Guy leading a Trad Mountaineering class. The head end is testing cell reception with the tail end. CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW

I would assume that this is a group of the Mounties who often use the lower Nisqually for their crevasse rescue practices.

It's Trad Guy leading a Trad Mountaineering class. The head end is testing cell reception with the tail end. CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I thought you were supposed to put a can at each end of the rope and then talk/listen in the can.

Alpinfox has a similiar picture in his house...taken a long time ago on some mountain. its cool...look at all those people who are interested in climbing. with experienced instructors of course.

for me such an experience would not be ideal. i much prefer a party the maximum size of 3. i like a more personal experience, i go to the mountains to escape crowds, not be in them.

...i much prefer a party the maximum size of 3. i like a more personal experience, i go to the mountains to escape crowds, not be in them.

that's great, Porter, and I agree with what you're saying, but we're clearly looking at a class here. So would that equate to 1 instructor and 2 students? Could take a while to cycle the whole class through the module, hmm?

[GAPER WARNING]

Since this seems as good a place as any to interject this, CWMR will conclude its Basic Mountaineering Class this Saturday with much of the same as what you see in the OP pic (except the class size is 18 and 6 instructors, and we will be split up into two groups and separated). We will also be on the Nisqually.

[/GAPER WARNING]

On Sunday, the unit members of CWMR will hold their own unit training for the use of litters in crevasse work. Maximum party size will be 12 souls. Well, 11 souls and me, for I have no soul.

Classic Seattle, Tacoma, or Everett Branch Mounties!

Everett goes to Baker.

Beginning this year Seattle limits the enrollment to +/- 100 split into 8 or 9 small groups. No more giant Seattle Mountie crowds, although a "small group" of 12 plus instructors is certainly crowd-ish. If that photo was taken this year, it wasn't Seattle Mounties.

FYI the Seattle groups finished their snow & ice stuff weeks ago.

1st step in uncaging the soul is to quit the farkin' Mounties.

I understand, Porter. I'm just playing Devil's Advocate witcha.

After all, I have no soul, and therefore nothing to uncage.

Dude, so you're gonna be there this weekend? You riding in the truck?

Be there this weekend, yes. Riding in the truck, no.

Family obligations on Saturday morning will prevent departure prior to noon.

See you later in the day.