When doing something is worse than doing nothing

Fairweather

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there is nothing that provides the replacement energy we would need to offset oil.

Nope, there sure isn't. Guess that whole "cancer-cell as survival strategy" that petro-capitalism has provided us will just have to be rethought.

There is nothing in Obama's plan that provides the replacement energy. As for rethinking capitalism? I predict extreme violence if we go there. And I will gladly participate.

That would be a downside of giving a blowjob. I can think of about 6 billion others as well...

There isn't anything in anybody's plan about the procurement of uranium (geopolitical, environmental, etc.), where the nuke plants will be put, or how to get rid of the waste. The plan like all of your others of late has been to pull the trigger first and mop the brains up with a cheap paper towel later, then blame all the inevitable problems on the opposition.

That would be a downside of giving a blowjob. I can think of about 6 billion others as well...

There isn't anything in anybody's plan about the procurement of uranium (geopolitical, environmental, etc.), where the nuke plants will be put, or how to get rid of the waste. The plan like all of your others of late has been to pull the trigger first and mop the brains up with a cheap paper towel later, then blame all the inevitable problems on the opposition.

The waste could be placed at Yucca Mountain repository in Nevada where the feds have spent billions building a complex only to have the state delegation get cold feet. As for uranium, it can be reprocessed multiple times, all the way to bomb-grade and beyond. Then, we simply shape it into a W88. A win-win.

That's not a plan. Other than improving fuel efficiency standards--which I agree is a good idea--there is nothing that provides the replacement energy we would need to offset oil. No Nuclear? And he supports expansion of biofuels. Just great. :rolleyes:

At a Glance

* Reduce Carbon Emissions 80 Percent by 2050

* Invest in a Clean Energy Future

* Support Next Generation Biofuels

* Set America on Path to Oil Independence

* Improve Energy Efficiency 50 Percent by 2030

* Restore U.S. Leadership on Climate Change

All I see is talk--nothing that would make a difference. McCain has a real plan that won't have us living in caves.

You are blind as a bat. If you think flip flop McCain is a better candidate then Obama....then you are high.

That's not a plan. Other than improving fuel efficiency standards--which I agree is a good idea--there is nothing that provides the replacement energy we would need to offset oil. No Nuclear? And he supports expansion of biofuels. Just great. :rolleyes:

At a Glance

* Reduce Carbon Emissions 80 Percent by 2050

* Invest in a Clean Energy Future

* Support Next Generation Biofuels

* Set America on Path to Oil Independence

* Improve Energy Efficiency 50 Percent by 2030

* Restore U.S. Leadership on Climate Change

All I see is talk--nothing that would make a difference. McCain has a real plan that won't have us living in caves.

You are blind as a bat. If you think flip flop McCain is a better candidate then Obama....then you are high.

Well articulated argument there. Why don't you put your dick skinners to better use... like working. If you are gonna waste your time... please dont waste ours.

The Decider still has the most brilliant plan to wean yourselves off foreign oil. Simply invade, occupy and declare those countries part of the New United States Of Amerika. Pesto-Chango domestic oil production sky rockets, Hummer drivers can breath easier.

Whatever happened to L. Paul Bremer - Governor of Iraq anyway?

The waste could be placed at Yucca Mountain repository in Nevada where the feds have spent billions building a complex only to have the state delegation get cold feet. As for uranium, it can be reprocessed multiple times, all the way to bomb-grade and beyond. Then, we simply shape it into a W88. A win-win.

Yucca will not solve the Hanford site problems.

Nor is there a viable solution for disposing of or storing heavy water that is highly caustic.

There will be hell to pay when the Columbia river dies off from the leakage of caustic heavy water and the ocean within 500 miles of its mouth becomes a death zone. Right now a human cannot even walk within 1/2 mile of the "storage facility" without suffering certain death. If you took off at a dead run toward the center, you would be dead before you got there.

These little facts are not widely dispersed but ask anyone who grew up in the Tri-Cities about the stories.

But who cares right?

That is for our great grandchildren to sort out.

I'm sure they will be able to move to a new planet.

If we took those billions it would take to build new nuclear plants and put it into developing solar or Hydrogen, we would not need centralized energy companies anymore.

Oh the horror. What would the stockholders do?

Leave it to the libertarian types, whose entire platform is supposedly based on exposing the government as corrupt, bumbling, and inefficient to start screaming for a plan only when it comes to something extremely dangerous or when the consequences would be catastrophic like the disposal of nuclear waste or war.

Leave it to the libertarian types, whose entire platform is supposedly based on exposing the government as corrupt, bumbling, and inefficient to start screaming for a plan only when it comes to something extremely dangerous or when the consequences would be catastrophic like the disposal of nuclear waste or war.

I love it. You admit that you have no plan. It's all propaganda and sloganeering. :lmao:

The Rights solution to the gas problem...

ostrich-head.jpg

yeah, and your "solution" is empty gestures... and worse. par for the course from the left :tdown:

when the fuck are you going to admit for once that this administration was wrong on pretty much all the major topics- including energy policies?

Plans = commie plots, social engineering, end of Civilization, barbarians at the gate, dishonor, living in caves, etc. Try to stay on message Kojak.

A communist 5 year plan is something very specific you stupid obfuscating fuck. They were about total state control of the economy and led to false promises for output, forced labor and starvation.

"Plans" in general are not the same thing. Not in the least. So let's get back on topic and quit changing the subject: Obama has no plan, just slogans. It's pretty sad that morons just suck up the sloganeering with no questions asked.

Plans = commie plots, social engineering, end of Civilization, barbarians at the gate, dishonor, living in caves, etc. Try to stay on message Kojak.

A communist 5 year plan is something very specific you stupid obfuscating fuck. They were about total state control of the economy and led to false promises for output, forced labor and starvation.

"Plans" in general are not the same thing. Not in the least. So let's get back on topic and quit changing the subject: Obama has no plan, just slogans. It's pretty sad that morons just suck up the sloganeering with no questions asked.

you support this administration. yet this is the administration that allowed resurrection of russian military. it gave green light for the russians to finish genocide in Chechnya.remember- money walks bullshit walks. it gave all time high revenue sources to countries like iran, russia (aka new soviet union), even nigeria. so as far as promoting "western style democracy" this is the absolute failure. in reality it gave monetary means to all the major regimes to continue their existence. and made the military resources of this country stretched to the most dangerous levels.

so you dumb stupid fuck- tell me who is the winner in this 5 year plan?

when the fuck are you going to admit for once that this administration was wrong on pretty much all the major topics- including energy policies?

Yeah, I would admit to most of that no problem at all. The jury is out on a few of the "major topics", not on energy though. They screwed the Pooch big on energy did nothing. The supply and demand curve only has one side for them, needing to increase the supply. Unfortunately, Clinton did exactly the same thing for the previous 8 years...NOTHING. Bill had pitched a .50 cent a gallon sliding scale tax increase a gallon with the money going to reinvest into renewables. It was a great plan and all of us would have benefited by lower consumption and the resulting investment. The squealing on both side of the asile was so loud that it was immediately withdrawn and then....THE NOTHING.

So we all get to pay now.