'95 4runner

Self_propelled

I'm moving to Nepal and therefore selling my 4runner. Please e-mail me at schmerto64@hotmail.com if you are interested.

Details: 1995 4runner, 4WD SR5 V6, 4 door.

Mileage: 140K

Dark Blue, Brand new tires, AC, alarm, Power windows, power locks, 6 CD changer, privacy glass, sunroof, running boards.

Asking price: $12,000

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, before the Car talk boys continue to bash the asking price, here's a few facts.

The retail blue book is $12,500.

The engine was completely overhauled (new bottom block) by Toyota at 75K. This was at Firestone's expense because they neglected to replace the oil during a routine oil change. The new engine has less than 65K on it. Well maintained (and this one is) Toyota engines are good for 200K at least. Most of the miles are highway miles, of course some are on rough road but not a ton.

Again, if you are interested please PM me or send and e-mail.

Too bad you can't take your 4Runner with you to Nepal. Instead I imagine you'll be sitting on the roof of some bus, watching the Himalayas go by, always ready to jump off the bus and onto the road if the bus happens to go over...

Great car. I think Dru is jealous b/c he knows a 4Runner can go where his Subaru won't!

5 speed or AT???

I'll vouch for this vehicle as a very reliable and solid car. Also, the 95 is the last year of the series and the post 95 have a feature I personally hate....hatchback. The 95 has a tail gate/rear window which allows you to just put the window down and reach in to grab stuff with out it all falling out on the ground. Even when you do open the tailgate, the stuff stays in and you have a great picknick table or place to sit to change your boots!

As Dave says, the tailgate is a great feature. When sleeping in the back its nice to have the tailgate down for extra legroom. Its also a great picnic bench, booting up area, and best of all a great spot to drop the pack, and just sit and reminisce about the just completed climb or ski while swigging that semi warm beer left in the car for your return.

Again, if I could store the car I would. But we may not return from Nepal anytime soon.

quote:

Originally posted by Matt:

Great car. I think Dru is jealous b/c he knows a 4Runner can go where his Subaru won't!

Thanks Mr. Amateur Psychologist [Roll Eyes]

Yeah I know lots o people with 4Players...my comments based accordingly...for instance after driving back from Manning Park holding a sheet of wet cardboard over the back hatch after the stupid slide-down glass slid down and locked down in a snow/rain storm....would never happen in a Subaru...

but you are right, cant get in to the Chehalis so good with Subaru either right now...

My wife and I will be living in Kathmandu. She will be teaching at the Lincoln School and I will be a volunteer for Room to Read. My work will likely get me to some of the villages in Mustang, Pokhara, Kathmandu Valley region.

We will be there for at least two years during which time we hope to amass many miles trekking through out Nepal. I doubt we will make any attempts on the 8K meter peaks but we will have the time and the proximity to explore some rarified air. School breaks should also allow us to travel to Thailand where I'm told there are climbs which require belay from a boat. I think that's pretty cool.

We are going in with very little specific knowledge of the area but with our eyes wide open!

A break from Forest Service fees, dog control, over consumption and traffic jams will also be a welcome change.

My e-mail address is in my profile. We already have many friends planning trips and, as here in Seattle, we welcome wayward souls as they pass through Kathmandu. Look us up if your planning to visit.

quote:

Originally posted by Self propelled:

A break from Forest Service fees, dog control, over consumption and traffic jams will also be a welcome change.

I hope you are not disappointed, but there are many "trekking fees," traffic jams, and from my experience, dog control is implemented with a shot gun (too many stray dogs).

Regardless, it will be an adventure!

Good luck and namaste!

[big Drink]

quote:

Originally posted by Self propelled:

My wife and I will be living in Kathmandu. She will be teaching at the Lincoln School and I will be a volunteer for Room to Read. My work will likely get me to some of the villages in Mustang, Pokhara, Kathmandu Valley region.

We will be there for at least two years during which time we hope to amass many miles trekking through out Nepal. I doubt we will make any attempts on the 8K meter peaks but we will have the time and the proximity to explore some rarified air. School breaks should also allow us to travel to Thailand where I'm told there are climbs which require belay from a boat. I think that's pretty cool.

Should be an excellent experience! If I'm every in Kathmandu (maybe!) I'll definitely drop by.

Carl

Yea thanks Matt,

We know its not a complete paradise. We've been warned repeatedly about the pollution in Kathmandu. I hope to bike or scooter anywhere I need to go in K'du so hopefully traffic won't be too much of an issue. and the trekking fees shouldn't be too hard to swallow, especially when I know that I'm supporting one of the poorest nations in the world rather than double paying taxes to our Government.

As far as Cedar getting taken down with a shotgun, his fur is so damn thick that the shot would probably just get swallowed up in it.

Life will be a lot simpler, no doubt about that!