[TR] Stewart Peak Area - 6/21/2008

Trip: Stewart Peak Area -

Date: 6/21/2008

Trip Report:

So today me and a couple friends went to the area SE of Stewart Peak (cheam range) between Stewart and the Still. It was pretty fun until we saw the ugly weather moving in and turned around. I did get to scope out the routes on the N and NE aspects of Stewart Peak though and the North Butress looks like it could be good. With an easy approach on the deactivated road it took about 1 hour to the end of the road and another hour and a half to the base of the climbs, It will take longer with gear for the climb. Ill post the pics when I get them.

notpeak439.jpg

notpeak526.jpg

notpeak525.jpg

notpeak523.jpg

notpeak520.jpg

notpeak504.jpg

notpeak486.jpg

notpeak485.jpg

notpeak478.jpg

notpeak456.jpg

notpeak449.jpg

notpeak448.jpg

notpeak445.jpg

Approach Notes:

Drive Jones Lake Road towards South end of lake until the part where the bridge is gone.. cross sketchy plants and crap over the river of bring a canoe and paddle accross (recommended) Walk Road after bridge and take first Left, follow this to fork and go right. Where this road forks take the upper spur to countour around Stewart towards the Still or take lower fork to get closer to N face routes. There is some alder getting into the basin below the mountain but if you are smart you can avoid a lot of it.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...