Northwest Forest Pass violation

EC_O

got a name you dickless wonder, or should we trace it through the internet registration?

Halliday.

From the USFS website directory:

Name Melissa Halliday

Phone 303-275-5319

Fax 303-275-5671

Title: WO/RO/Area Transformation Mgmt Team - Org Design and Workforce Analysis/Transition

Staff: WO/RO/Area Transformation Management Team

Office: Operations (WO), Office of the Deputy Chief

So there is a Halliday in the agency. In Colorado. GSHC is probably a troll, but one could call Melissa and find out if they really wanted to.

In the off chance that this directory entry is correct maybe GSHC could explain what the hell that title means and what we're paying them to do. Sounds like another bureaucratic position to me.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I'll bet if you volunteer for a day clearing trails, you could negotiate next year's pass.

National Forests

1 day's volunteer trail work = 1 day pass

2 day's work = 1 annual pass

(it is a Northwest Forest Pass)

National Parks

2 days (12 hours) work = 1 free entry & camping

2 days (16 hours) work = 1 week entry pass

3 days (24 hours) work = 1 annual entry pass

6 days (48 hours) work = 1 annual entry & camping pass

(its a pass for the one National Park you worked in)

Go figure, but hey, it's something.

Hmmm 2 days work. That's one weekend per year; though maybe they only do that kind of stuff during the weekday when lots of folks have jobs.

I've had a good time at Index putting in a day of work. I didn't get anything out of that other than feeling good.

The 6 day thing might be a tough one. But if you've got time..... Spending a week isn't that much if you're taking months off to climb.

One downside would be that as a volunteer you don't make decisions. You're just the flunky employee, but we've all been there at one time or another.

Happy 4th, Ms GSHC!!1

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

The Republic of Cascadia!!!!

Now, don't get your panties in a bunch. Some of us are Discordians! :laf: The JOKE's on you!

Showed this to my Supervisor, and she was going to speak to her Supervisor and a LEO or two. May change how we do things. Could see a car or two getting towed, and maybe a hand cuff or two getting applied. Commiting felonies is dumb

My supervisor had been reading this thread while I was away from the office. Now she's wondering if you all are a bunch of tired old burn outs, or Timothy McVie wanna be's. She is Jewish, and views the Nazi analogies very dimly. I think your a bunch of loud mouthed idiots, of no real consequence. She thinks some of you may be dangerous

Halliday,

You have got some nerve posting comments like these here. I personally disagree with the Nazi/Jewish related comments in response, but you have to expect repercussions when you show up here poking people with your Federally Funded stick! Especially under a topic so heated as this one!!! I’m sure you probably found this forum by searching for "Northwest Forest Pass violation" related items and it probably even has something to do with your work (I would be interested in why). You could have easily showed this to your supervisor without posting a heinous comment. For whatever reason you felt the need to stir things up here. I'm guessing it made you feel some sort of power. YOU are the one that took us down this road. If you were smart, you would have tried to help us understand the Forest Pass issues that are in discussion. Instead, you decided to abuse your position.

I really dislike that you call yourself a steward of our lands.

• 1 month later...