Northwest Forest Pass violation

EC_O

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point is the FEE program is UNAmerican. What is to prevent them from increasing this to $100/year? Nothing.

I agree with all of your points except for the part where you call the program Un-American. It's a classic case of bureaucracy, corruption, mis-appropriation, and double-taxation that benefits privileged user groups and large industry at the expense of all of us. If that ain't American, I don't know what is.

And you help make that point by stating that there's nothing in place to prevent them from increasing the fee...

On a related topic, I printed one of the dashboard signs ("I am here for religious purposes so please don't ticket me under the NWFP Fee Demo act) from Scott Silver's website and put it on my car at the Snow Creek TH years ago -- Larry the Tool was unimpressed and wrote me a ticket anyway, while I was standing there, and proceeded to lecture me about the sign on my dashboard, too...

The NW Forest Pass is just for parking, right? Hell, when I did the bailey traverse in ONP I didn't even have a car -- I had to pay to sleep on the ground, and to travel on a unmaintained trail.

At least I don't have to pay a permit fee to go climbing in wilderness areas. Oh, wait....

Yeah Goatboy, I tried that "religious purposes" dodge on the Teanaway a number of years ago, it didn't work then either. I argued back and forth on the phone, wound up sending them $5. My method of late is to park just before the sign, which as I understand it means it doesn't apply. That's worked so far, and the extra walk is usually not much at all.

I have not paid a ticket yet. The first four I got I ignored, but I kept getting the letters. Last letter was five years ago.

My solution was to grab an old set of plates off a junk car (not in my name). Whenever I pull into a parking lot I swap plates real quick, I lock the car and cover the VIN number. So far the 15 some odd tickets I've gotten have never been traced back to me.

Lets be clear about the plates. They were not ripped off some car at random. I bought a parts car from a guy in Leavenworth, hauled it over the pass. I never got a title for the parts car. It had plates on it and that's what I use.

When I was done with the car I used a Sawsall to turn it into scrap metal and took it to a metal recycler.

Showed this to my Supervisor, and she was going to speak to her Supervisor and a LEO or two. May change how we do things. Could see a car or two getting towed, and maybe a hand cuff or two getting applied. Commiting felonies is dumb

I know this is like asking for the sky, but does anyone have a breakdown of where this cash is going, exactly? It's relatively obvious that next to none of it is reaching trails, but it would be nice to know the details. GSHC, it sounds like you might have a window on this issue ;)

Showed this to my Supervisor, and she was going to speak to her Supervisor and a LEO or two. May change how we do things. Could see a car or two getting towed, and maybe a hand cuff or two getting applied. Commiting felonies is dumb

Chiming in as a goverment representative without one proper sentence in your entire post is dumb

Listen up you dumb motherfucker, show it to your supervisor all day long you can go pissup a rope jackass. The sooner we defund all your obnoxious ass's so that the people can get back to running things - you high handed pricks will learn to Shut the fuck up and leave good people alone and the better off our country will be. You take our hard earned money and toss it in the toilet like you're King George the third and it's your God given right. WELL IT ISN'T!

bush_flips_off_US.jpg

Go get real jobs and work an honest day work for an honest days pay instead of generally just being unproductive leeches sucking our life's blood and just being acrimonious, lazy, bitches.

Assholes

As it's your first post, maybe we need to give you a pass. You got a name you dickless wonder, or should we trace it through the internet registration?

you dumb motherfucker go pissup a rope jackass. high handed pricks Shut the fuck up unproductive leeches sucking our life's blood and just being acrimonious, lazy, bitches.

Assholes

you dickless wonder

Wowzers, up til now I thought you were a prety chill guy. Watch yer blood pressure!

Yo Bill, I appreciate the spirit you show here, but I gotta say I disagree with part of your message.

Based on a few recent conversations that I have had with Forest Service employees at various levels in the organization over the past few years, it sounds to me as if this program is generally unpopular within the Service just as it is with many of us hikers and climbers. It IS their job to enforce the law, though, so if you get a ticket you are welcome to contest it all you want but try to remember: it is not the poor schmoe who is sent out to Icicle Creek to pass out tickets who is behind all this and they probably don't deserve your abuse (Larry the Tool excepted).

For sure, it is more than a little provocative for GSHC to come on here and post that they've shown this to their supervisor and now somebody's gonna get towed but don't you think it was also provocative for Radon to post here about how they are breaking the law and put it as if they are suggesting others do so?

The Northwest Forest Pass program sucks, but lets try not to let it destroy our relationship with the line staff who (3 out of 4 of them, anyway) are just trying to do their job. Your typical ranger is not in it for the money. Just like us, many of them value public lands and outdoor recreation.

I was just getting warmed up 206. Matt, these jackasses work for us, NOT THE REVERSE! and every time I see one of them who thinks they get to run our lifes or feel they are more important than us: I get pissed as soon as I hear the tone of voice. This prick can't say a friking word about the asswipe who breaks into a car every 15 min at exit 38, and probably would want to support his rights if anyone catches the dick and kicks ass.

This dude believes he's in a la la kingdom and that this is the Kings Forest and the Kings Deer, and we're all guests on his property. THIS IS OUR DAMN PROPERTY! Yours, mine, everyones - and we all should be speaking up and in loud tones too! NO FOREST PASS ASSHOLES!

FK***em ALL!

now i practice guerilla terrorism and dismantle/destroy every sign i think i can get away w/ - gives you a reason to carry a saw and wrenches :)

I just signed up for that 45 seconds ago Ivan. Shit, I have a saw and a wrench -how tough is that gonna be? Not tough at all, helpful to all, even and especially those in the FS, as Matt notes, who oppose this stupid, controlling, pointless and money losing bullshit.

The reference works are the powerful Tom Wolfe tomes: "The Electric Koolaid Acid test" and "Radical Chic & Mau-Mauing the Flak Catchers".

These pricks, encouraged and abetted by you and the politicians, are taking away Y OUR freedoms, and our childrens freedoms one little tiny nitpic at time and all of you brainwashed fools are letting them do it to ya, and Matt, if I read your post correctly, you are disappointingly encouraging it. Matt, this lowlife Himmler shitpile is talkin about handcuffs, not just tickets. What a f*ing prick. It's all about control for some of these douche bags. They take and waste our money, produce nothing, create needless dilemmas, and slowly weaken our country so that they can have control. One little piece at a time. And you are encouraging it Matt.

Pink, I edited my text to make it stronger, please do the whole damn quote or delete your post and include the "NO FOREST PASS ASSHOLE" and other parts this time.

Fucking pushy GD hemorrhoid Himmler wannabe Gov't bureaucratic asshole. Sig Heil asswipe.

Fashton_avedond.jpg

Don't even get me started.

I feel like unless there is a directly seen benefit, like plowed snow-parks and stocked remote-site bathrooms (oh wait.... I'm going to be shitting on a rock for however long I'm in the woods, fuck those bathrooms) it is just more money that I have to spend. I already do the bulk of my outdoors stuff after the term ends and I can sell back my books so I can afford these gas prices. Unless I see exactly where this money goes I am going to pat Bill on the shoulder and give the man the finger.

If there is a birthright to Israel than I should have a birthright to the woods. As for the Forest Service selling off logging rights that is bullshit, why the Hell would I want to see that ugly scar in a beautiful landscape; and don't say to raise money to fight fires, the government thought up the brilliant idea to suppress, so they can foot the bill.

Go get real jobs and work an honest day work for an honest days pay instead of generally just being unproductive leeches sucking our life's blood and just being acrimonious, lazy, bitches.

Sometimes I'm a bitch, but I don't think I'm acrimonious or lazy. I'm hired by the FS to help steward our land. If you disagree with the Forest Pass, please contact your law maker. Cheating, and pushing our LEO's into a corner is not going to help anyone.

got a name you dickless wonder, or should we trace it through the internet registration?

Halliday.

I'm glad I am dickless

The reference works are the powerful Tom Wolfe tomes: "The Electric Koolaid Acid test" and "Radical Chic & Mau-Mauing the Flak Catchers".

I'll ask my grandmother about these books. She used to be a burned out hippie too.

this lowlife Himmler shitpile is talkin about handcuffs, not just tickets. What a f*ing prick. It's all about control for some of these douche bags.

Fucking pushy GD hemorrhoid Himmler wannabe Gov't bureaucratic asshole. Sig Heil asswipe.

I am not Jewish, but I grew up near a nice jewish family, some of which escaped the holocast. Your statements are beyond the pale, Mr McVie.

You are a sad and mean old man

Bill 1. Halliday 0.

Those were the worst comebacks ever.

I mean you don't even defend that our money doesn't do shit. All you say is you steward the land, which is very fitting as you do collect money and supervise us. This would be a good time you explain to us about how helpful these fees are or what they are doing for us. Instead you threaten us with towing cars and arresting people.

I'm glad you're dickless because you would have been a terrible representation of a man.

And you are encouraging it Matt.

I don't believe so. I have indicated my opposition to it every chance I have had and this includes in-person talks with Forest Service staff as well as letters to higher ups. I have only bought one or maybe none of those passes yet.

I am simply of the opinion that it will do climbers no good to take their frustration out on the line staff who sell the passes in the ranger station or who may be ticketing cars in a parking lot. These people are not likely to respond to being abused by sending a supportive message to their superiors.

You are a sad and mean old man

Well there's a starting point of something we can both agree on anyway. I can't say when I got all crotchety, but sure as shit it happened at some point. I was climbing with a fella Saturday, we were talking and I was quite a bit older than his father as it turns out, and this guy was a college grad too. BTW, I didn't realize you were a girl. I still harbor angry anti-authoritarian feelings because it is in my upbringing and I'm still a sad and mean old man. This is excaberated due to who you represent (and what they are in actuality) and how you come across in your first sorry assed post on this site.

Furthermore, I reserve the word "dickless" as a derogatory for men who are spineless weasels, types that I would just kick in the balls if they were present (and spoke the kind of shit you just layed down), of which I originally thought you were one.

I misspoke somewhat.

But not by much....and we should still all be working to get you and your entire sorry crews ass's defunded so you can go do something productive and real while we take OUR money and put it someplace productive: and in unison and in harmony: we should ALL saw every damn sign you asswipes put up. EVERYWHERE AND EVERYTIME.

You're saying:

how about starting with fixing road washouts as a #1 priority?

I'm hearing "I want my cigarettes Nurse Ratchet". :/ I'm done talkin about it, the rest of you all can do what you will when you will.

Good luck my brothers.