fat climbers [Tvrash]

RuMR

Not trying to defend anyone, but I feel better climbing at 175lbs than I ever did at 165. My speed is possibly a hair slower, but I don't get the zero-calorie crash and can press on for much longer periods of time without refueling. Overall, I feel better and have more endurance. A little spare fat doesn't hurt endurance/mountaineering IMO. Strength for rock climbing is another matter. I'm sure pulling up and extra 10lbs is not a positive for those who climb beyond 5.9. (I'm not one of those people.)

Whatever you say, Little Lotta.

Sorry Tvash, but I said a little extra adipose. As usual, you miss the concept of moderation and seem content to suck Crisco through a straw while glacier camping, touring cemeteries, and restaurant-hopping.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Tvash, but I said a little extra adipose. As usual, you miss the concept of moderation and seem content to suck Crisco through a straw while glacier camping, touring cemeteries, and restaurant-hopping.

I thought that's what good children of stalwart Republicans did on Denali death climbs (cue curses of Waterman)

I believe Waterman's daddy was a dark artiste liberal as well who ended up stripping his clothes off and letting the elements take his life somewhere back east. A self-destruct gene that runs through the family. Unfortunately, his narcissistic nature would never allow Tvashy to relieve society so.

actually, i'm sitting here at work, running back and forth from the plotting room and this F-ING computer....AAARGH()#*%&*@^#$(*~!!!

FAWK man, you working this weekend, too? I've got an interview for a grade separation proposal on Wednesday, plus I need to do the QA/QC review for the US-95 (CDA to Sandpoint) project this coming week. I'm gonna die...

We have lots of climbers with a few extra pounds, but when you see that obese guy in XXL skin tight goretex, ugh....

Next time I see that, I will have to take a discreet picture. It's really amazing to see all that new goretex use only once.

. Overall, I feel better and have more endurance. A little spare fat doesn't hurt endurance/mountaineering IMO. Strength for rock climbing is another matter. I'm sure pulling up and extra 10lbs is not a positive for those who climb beyond 5.9. (I'm not one of those people.)

below 5.9 it's scrambling....

We have lots of climbers with a few extra pounds, but when you see that obese guy in XXL skin tight goretex, ugh....

Next time I see that, I will have to take a discreet picture. It's really amazing to see all that new goretex use only once.

talking about sizing. i bought percip jacket from marmot. size small- feels like it was made for pregnant elephant. wtf? why cater to fat fucks?