Tree Sitting

AlpineK

Here's some fun news. Hippie protesters sure are a funny lot.

I like trees quite a bit, and I think it's worth going to the effort to promote proper tree care and protect trees. Here's a case where the nasty University pigs and the Hippies both win.

Everybody Wins

News report prior to judges ruling

Here's some fun YouTube stuff

d-nkFkQUAkU

The Verdict

I'm glad to see the University used arborist to start the eviction.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not an arborist, but my intuition is that these man/woman-made structures on top of the trees that accomodate the tree-dwellers could be harmful to the health of said trees. If so, this looks like a clear cut case of "when keeping it real goes wrong".

It's good to see folks who care about trees and are willing to stage a protest in a really funny way.

mn-calstadium19_ph_0498652312.jpg

Dumpster Muffin in a stand off with the man.

I'm not an arborist, but my intuition is that these man/woman-made structures on top of the trees that accomodate the tree-dwellers could be harmful to the health of said trees.

I found this info on an arborist listserve. The fellow who sent this out said he looked it over and the protesters weren't doing anything too harmful.

Edited by Feck

I live here and I was watching this event while waiting for my car to be serviced. I only regret not taking a camera.

After living in this area for almost a decade, I can tell you that there are a core group of people that organize and do this stuff all the time. I used to live with an organizer (for social issues, not for trees so he is cool), so I know how these "protest actions" work. I've joined my share of protest against the war, but not for trees.

Most of the time it's a party: smoking weed, flirting and hooking up in the hippie gene pool is what normally happens.

When the cops arrive, the hippies act like soccer players faking a broken femur at the slightest touch by a cop to move aside or move on. I have even been to seminars on how to act with the cops and they definitely want you to act like they are killing you.

It's really quite entertaining overall to go to these things.

For the most part these are middle class white kids with nothing better to do than save trees, turtles, the planet, add your own cause here. They generally don't give a rats ass about people that are not like them. They just appear to be "progressive".

One more thing....these hippie types generally do smell unclean. I don't mean just at these actions but all the time. So "dirty hippie" is not just an insult.

• 1 month later...

The up to the minute update on this one.

Things are looking even worse for the hippies unless a city hall march wins an appeal.

1800 calorie, "energy," bars just aren't enough

When the web page comes up look on the right side of the screen and click on the video image dated July 23. A small video will start playing, but another right click on the video will take you to full screen. (recommended :tup: )

Motherfucker says he is on a starvation diet: only 1000 calories a day. He is just sitting there! There are people who live their entire lives on less than that and they are actually working and living their lives. HAHAHAHA silly trustafarians. So privlidged and so guilty about it.