Oh Fuck Yeah!

scott_harpell

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"War is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small 'inside' group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes."

Yeah, this article says FBI estimates $1B in losses from mortgage fraud schemes nationwide.

I wonder if there were any other acts of fraud to lead the country to lose billions of dollars?

Whatcha KBR Mean?

Anyway, closing the barn door after the horses, cows, sheep, and even mice have already left creates value how exactly? Where are The Keating Five these days? I'm sure they're not up to no good.

It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives.

And what would you call trading trinkets for Manhattan or smallpox blankets? What about the heroin trade? There are plenty of rackets that are international in scope, and have been for centuries, and lots of them include lives in the cost.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of war as either solution or racket, but your quote (it is a quote from your source, right, not your writing?) sounds just a wee bit breathless.

The link source is embedded in the first sentence. The overall effect of the quote is to point out the money aspect of war. The source itself is a bit dated so it may apply primarily to military excursions immediately prior to the 1930's, again see source.

I have no comment on our treatment of the American Indian or the heroin trade. Your mention of heroin reminded me of the triangle trade ( http://www.africanculturalcenter.org/4_5slavery.html .

Shitty Day at the office! Love to see these dirtbags go down!

What about all millions of dollars that has been sent to Iraq and not accounted for. In most cases there arent even reciepts. I would think that would affect you more especially since a good portion most likely funneled back to the opposition foriegn forces in Iraq.

What about all millions of dollars that has been sent to Iraq and not accounted for. In most cases there arent even reciepts. I would think that would affect you more especially since a good portion most likely funneled back to the opposition foriegn forces in Iraq.

If there have been misapropriations, I would love to see the perpetrators punished. Heresay is not proof of wrong in my book.

If there have been misapropriations, I would love to see the perpetrators punished. Heresay is not proof of wrong in my book.

Try 13 billion dollars unaccounted for, according to the NYT.

Now Scott, you know that the U.S. has been handing out a whole lot of cash in Iraq and Afghanistan (will you take a check? No?). Well, a few pallet loads of it has gone for a walkies.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Try 13 billion dollars unaccounted for, according to the NYT.

Now Scott, you know that the U.S. has been handing out a whole lot of cash in Iraq and Afghanistan (will you take a check? No?). Well, a few pallet loads of it has gone for a walkies.

So petition your representatives. Don't bitch about it and imply that a theft of a petty couple mil doesn't warrant prosecution because of your judicial relativity.