I like FOXNews, but...

Fairweather

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If my friends talked about me like that, they would have a bloody nose."

Yes, well, my friends and I are clear on where we stand on the issues. We can disagree, and from time to time offend each other, and not let it lead to physical violence. Whatever works for you and your friends that's cool with me.

"You don't just "up and leave" an occupied country. You cannot."

Sure you can, and I think we should get out of there. bush was wrong from the jump invading that country. He got bad advice from pearle, feith, woolsey et al and wasn't smart enough or man enough to tell them no. I've heard Obama talk about an orderly withdrawal of our forces but that's it. He knows it'll take time to get out of there. He's not privvy to a lot of information available now, he needs to get in the room to find out what the realities are and make his decisions. Look, we've been there what, almost 6 years now with all our might and what do we have to show for it? A corrupt iraqi government that cannot, in spite of all our treasure and blood expended, they cannot provide for their people in basic ways. We never should have gone over there in the first place. It was always up to the iraqi people and that has not, and will not change. Doesn't matter if we stay 10 years or 100 years.

Scott, at least we agree on the last part of my post before. It's a start I guess.

d

bla bla bla violence is evil yadda yadda yadda. We'll agree to disagree to disagree on that one.

If you have possibly made a mistake, why guarantee that you made a mistake by quitting early. We are at a real turning point and you all want to cut and run. I have to ask why?

Is it to ensure that your party looks good in comparison? Because both parties are so morally decrepit and despicable that they warrant no credence from anyone.

Using Iraq's demise to create the illusion of a strong party is 1000x more morraly reheprehensible in my mind than anything that you have accused GWB of.

What other reason do you have? $$$? Is that your only concern? Looking good in front of the Europeans (who were the one's illegally mooching off him int eh first place)? Saving the lives of soldiers? Please. The lives of Iraqis? (I know that isn't the case because leaving prematurely would ensure their demise).

So, please tell me what then, morally superior spray god is your rationale for wanting to leave Iraq now of all times; at the precipice of autonomy?

If you have possibly made a mistake, why guarantee that you made a mistake by quitting early. We are at a real turning point and you all want to cut and run. I have to ask why?

1) I don't think you can legitimately call it "cut and run" at this point. We've been there years, and didn't bail at the first sign of trouble,or the second, or the 100th for that matter.

2) why leave now? Too much money sunk into an artificial, stagnant status quo

"BS!!

and why would it take an obama presidency to do this for you? cuz you won't be obsessed with bush and the blame game? why aren't you willing to do it now?"

I believe it was socrates that said "a life unexamined is not worth living".

I ascribe to this philosophy. To me it means questioning personal beliefs, be they political or otherwise. I try to live my life this way. So, to address the "question", I do not think I needed to have Sen Obama inspire me to do this. I do believe he has an ability to inspire people to personal sacrifice, and we need that badly now.

d

1) I don't think you can legitimately call it "cut and run" at this point. We've been there years, and didn't bail at the first sign of trouble,or the second, or the 100th for that matter.

2) why leave now? Too much money sunk into an artificial, stagnant status quo

I don't think that there is anything status quo about it. Google what the Iraqi Army is doing; the Police force. This is the biggest challenge and we are almost there. If the Iraqis can fight for themselves, we don't need to be there.

If the Iraqis can govern themselves, why do we need to be there? Ask yourselves what will happen if Iraq again becomes a hot bed of terrorist activity upon our departure.

How long do you think it will take until we are back there. We have already made the investment. Lets at least let the Iraqi people reap the rewards.

People are mad because they have to pay more at the pump (the same amount that Europeans have been paying for years). They are mad at seeing their men and women sent to war.

Whether there were WMDs or not in Iraq, the war was justified; if a little late in comming. The RIGHT THING would have been to finish the job in the first place rather than having to come back 12 years later.

The main reason you study history is so that you don't have to repeat it. We are in danger of forgetting some fairly recent history and I am afraid we are about to repeat it once again.

"If you have possibly made a mistake, why guarantee that you made a mistake by quitting early. We are at a real turning point and you all want to cut and run. I have to ask why? Is it to ensure that your party looks good in comparison? Because both parties are so morally decrepit and despicable that they warrant no credence from anyone."

I'll take your quote and raise ya!

"It was always up to the iraqi people and that has not, and will not change. Doesn't matter if we stay 10 years or 100 years."

This may be the first time anyone has quoted themselves on cc.com

d

"If you have possibly made a mistake, why guarantee that you made a mistake by quitting early. We are at a real turning point and you all want to cut and run. I have to ask why? Is it to ensure that your party looks good in comparison? Because both parties are so morally decrepit and despicable that they warrant no credence from anyone."

I'll take your quote and raise ya!

"It was always up to the iraqi people and that has not, and will not change. Doesn't matter if we stay 10 years or 100 years."

This may be the first time anyone has quoted themselves on cc.com

d

Here is a little hint: The Iraqis dont want us to leave. I guarantee that if Obama becomes president, they will beg him for more time.

The Iraqis only do this to save face. Afterall they are still Muslims. They must of course hate their oppressive big brother from the West. It is the same way that Canada bitches about us having a big military but secretly taking solace in that fact; knowing full well that is the only thing keeping them from becomming anhilated.

If I truly thought the Iraqis thought they could handle it and wanted us to leave; sure, lets go. But I honestly know that they are not ready and they know it too. They are having a hard enought time with infrastructure rebuilding with us helping them fight their battles. Imagine when a larger percentage of their manpower is dedicated to security and even less to construction. Given the fact that they are still far less adept at security than we are, they would be lucky just to hold what they have; let alone actually make progress in the rebuilding as terrorists cause more damage to the infrastructure.

Blah blah cut and run blah. Any gains we're seeing have less to do with the successes of the US occupation and more to do with the inevitable winding down from its failures. Namely the ethnic cleansing of previously heterogeneous areas, the incorporation of militants into power-sharing agreements, and the cooperation with Iran. Most of this has come in spite of US leadership, Iraqis cite US troop presence as a source of instability rather than the other way round, all at an eventual cost of 3 Trillion. Not exactly the victory you'd have us believe we're on the cusp of, not exactly cheap, and not exactly worth another 3, 5 or 10 years.

Blah blah cut and run blah. Any gains we're seeing have less to do with the successes of the US occupation and more to do with the inevitable winding down from its failures. Namely the ethnic cleansing of previously heterogeneous areas, the incorporation of militants into power-sharing agreements, and the cooperation with Iran. Most of this has come in spite of US leadership, Iraqis cite US troop presence as a source of instability rather than the other way round, all at an eventual cost of 3 Trillion. Not exactly the victory you'd have us believe we're on the cusp of, not exactly cheap, and not exactly worth another 3, 5 or 10 years.

Boy, all of those stunning figures and statements of fact sure sound like they came from the lips of Americans. :rolleyes: You clearly don't have any idea of the type of mentality that goes on there.

Yeah, your little roll-eyes emoticon guy provides all the rebuttal necessary. Don't sweat it. Just curious, how do you manage to spend so much time reading and spraying and saving the Republic from 9 to 5? I mean what time is it over there now?

Oh sorry, I thought you were "in the shit".

Hey fucker. Wanna misquote me about that shit? I am a pretty mellow dude but misquote me like that again and you will know what "in the shit" really means. Check your fucking PMs bitch.

I served overseas, and I support vets. Lots of others here do to, but it is hard to support you when you bark like GWB's personal lap dog. woof woof.

Oh sorry, I thought you were "in the shit".

Hey fucker. Wanna misquote me about that shit? I am a pretty mellow dude but misquote me like that again and you will know what "in the shit" really means. Check your fucking PMs bitch.

I served overseas, and I support vets. Lots of others here do to, but it is hard to support you when you bark like GWB's personal lap dog. woof woof.

Shut the fuck up. If you have forgot what honor is, that is your problem. I will not tolerate being misquoted when it comes to service.