I like FOXNews, but...

Fairweather

Offshore drilling isn't an answere. Ultimately the current economic impact to americans, due to the price of oil, is good news for the planet. Americans seem to need to be shocked into taking actions that would result in real positive change. We need to change our way of thinking about our planet, our politics, and our world view, to name a few. And for those of us not practiced in critical thought (republicans), this will be particularly challenging...

The "shock" of the last 7.5 years of "republican "leadership" will result in real change when Barack Obama wins the presidential election in a landslide in Nov. John Mccain is a joke as a presidential candidate and even many republican voters realize this. They'll either stay home or vote Democrat when the time comes.

JMHO but I'd say things are looking up.

d

:lmao:

I find it truly amusing those that believe that the entirety of the evil in the World is the sole property of those who hold beliefs other than their own.

I am not a Lefty, but I can see the problems with aspects of Right-sided mindsets. The inability of you to do the converse speaks volumes of your polarity and your belief in your own omnipotence.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it truly amusing those that believe that the entirety of the evil in the World is the sole property of those who hold beliefs other than their own.

I am not a Lefty, but I can see the problems with aspects of Right-sided mindsets. The inability of you to do the converse speaks volumes of your polarity and your belief in your own omnipotence.

Scott

I reality.....we are blaming Bush......the buck HAS to stop somewhere....how about with the commander and chief?

"I find it truly amusing those that believe that the entirety of the evil in the World is the sole property of those who hold beliefs other than their own."

Scott,

An interesting interpretation of the post. Not sure how that interpretation could be "truly amusing" to anyone even if that was what I meant to say... Seriously tho, some of my closest friends are "republicans"... The reality that we have significant differences in our perceptions of what american ideals are, or should be (ie: are we in this together or is it every man for himself?), does not prevent us from being pals and hanging out. And I might add these guys are very unhappy with the bush administration and mccain.

The part of my previous post referring to republicans in general as unwilling, or unable to think critically, well, I'll hope that I am wrong about that, but for now, that's just my opinion based on experience.

The fact remains that republicans have to own that the bush administration has demonstrated, by decision and policy, an incompetence of historic proportions. The differences between the two candidates to replace bush is stark in that mccain to a large degree lacks understanding of the profound economic challenges facing america, and has admitted as much. mccain further wishes to continue bush's policies of extending tax cuts to the wealthiest among us and the ill conceived war in iraq indefinately. Extending these policy errors among others is a mistake.

An Obama presidency will inspire many of us to make an honest effort to change the way we think about our politics and therefore the direction of our country into the future. I'm certainly willing to re examine my way of thinking, and see what more "I could do for my country" including some tough sacrifices, instead of "what my country could do for me"...

Are you?

As for my election prediction it stands. I look forward to a president that inspires and brings people together instead of one who divides and disappoints...

regards,

d

An Obama presidency will inspire many of us to make an honest effort to change the way we think about our politics and therefore the direction of our country into the future. I'm certainly willing to re examine my way of thinking, and see what more "I could do for my country" including some tough sacrifices, instead of "what my country could do for me"...

BS!!

and why would it take an obama presidency to do this for you? cuz you won't be obsessed with bush and the blame game? why aren't you willing to do it now?

Seriously tho, some of my closest friends are "republicans"

And for those of us not practiced in critical thought (republicans), this will be particularly challenging...

If my friends talked about me like that, they would have a bloody nose.

I'm certainly willing to re examine my way of thinking, and see what more "I could do for my country" including some tough sacrifices, instead of "what my country could do for me"...

Are you?

Yes.

regardless of what you think of obama, its hard to deny he is inspiring a lot of people to think about/participate in politics that were not involved before. if you think that is a bad thing then you picked the wrong country to live in.

I never said that nor implied that. I just feel that Obama makes a lot of statements that tend to make me feel like he has no idea what he is doing. You don't just "up and leave" an occupied country. You cannot. I have not found any real exit strategy from him other than "bring em home" and "end this illegal war."

No matter how much oil the US produces itself oil prices are still subject to international markets.

Oil prices ain't going down much if any. It's all mostly uphill.

Fuel is one issue we need to deal with even if you aren't a global warming believer. Lighter smaller cars would help, but an even bigger help would be passenger trains, light rail, bus service....

Riding bikes and walking more could help too. That will also help folks reduce their body weight too as a side benefit.

Producing hydrogen in a more efficient way and driving hydrogen fuel cars.

We are already making synthetic oils that have better viscosity than natural crude. Hydrogen burns as efficient as gasoline and is just a wee bit cleaner exhaust.

What we really need is really expensive gasoline that is generate by natural market forces, and then we will have the demand needed to get hydrogen fuel cars.

speaking of fox news...check out this headline on thier site right now:

McCain or Obama? Most

Americans Proud of Both

FOX News poll finds almost equal number of voters would be proud to have Obama or McCain in Oval Office — but most think McCain loves America more

Fuck that, lets have a love off and see who REALLY loves America more!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I just feel that Obama makes a lot of statements that tend to make me feel like he has no idea what he is doing.

Oh and McCain does? I dont think so....McCain is the biggest flip flopper around. He called his wife a cunt....are you going to vote for him?

speaking of fox news...check out this headline on thier site right now:

McCain or Obama? Most

Americans Proud of Both

FOX News poll finds almost equal number of voters would be proud to have Obama or McCain in Oval Office — but most think McCain loves America more

Fuck that, lets have a love off and see who REALLY loves America more!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Obama only puts his hand over his heart (as his aide stated) "when he feels like it."

McCain ate the fetuses of baby North Vietnameese children he aborted with his Kbar.