I like FOXNews, but...

Fairweather

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the total we could get with our oil fields...something like 3%?

I don't know, but if it's just going to go onto the world market and not feed American consumption then I don't see the point. But it's ironic that lib/enviro's don't like:

1.)Oil

2.)Nuclear

3.)Coal

4.)Hydro

5.)Wind

...and their biofuels/ethanol program now threatens to starve people in third world countries. Caves, anyone!

No matter how much oil the US produces itself oil prices are still subject to international markets.

Oil prices ain't going down much if any. It's all mostly uphill.

Fuel is one issue we need to deal with even if you aren't a global warming believer. Lighter smaller cars would help, but an even bigger help would be passenger trains, light rail, bus service....

Riding bikes and walking more could help too. That will also help folks reduce their body weight too as a side benefit.

No matter how much oil the US produces itself oil prices are still subject to international markets.

Oil prices ain't going down much if any. It's all mostly uphill.

Fuel is one issue we need to deal with even if you aren't a global warming believer. Lighter smaller cars would help, but an even bigger help would be passenger trains, light rail, bus service....

Riding bikes and walking more could help too. That will also help folks reduce their body weight too as a side benefit.

I drive a small toyota pickup and went down to the dealer to look at a new one last year. The smallest they had was twice the size of what I have. Why can't car dealers control bloated vehicle sizes?

Are people that dense? I'm skeptical that that's all it'll take to have folks flocking back to the Hummers.

With credit becoming more selective and tightening then it might become hard to find those 0% teaser rates or otherwise low rates.

Here's hoping to a new era of thought and resourcefulness.

All this talk by the Republicans that we need drill here in the USA is only trying to tie in high gas prices with the perception that there is a shortage of oil. Its all bullshit……there are over 10,000 permits that have been granted by the US government to drill here in the USA and off the coast and they are not being used. Why doesn’t Fox News report that? Because they are so far up the right wings ass they don’t know where they are anymore. Fox new is an oxymoron. They are no more a news channel than I am a bad ass climber that is sponsored.

Before we add oil rigs……shouldn’t we be at a maximum with what we have first?

Offshore drilling isn't an answere. Ultimately the current economic impact to americans, due to the price of oil, is good news for the planet. Americans seem to need to be shocked into taking actions that would result in real positive change. We need to change our way of thinking about our planet, our politics, and our world view, to name a few. And for those of us not practiced in critical thought (republicans), this will be particularly challenging...

The "shock" of the last 7.5 years of "republican "leadership" will result in real change when Barack Obama wins the presidential election in a landslide in Nov. John Mccain is a joke as a presidential candidate and even many republican voters realize this. They'll either stay home or vote Democrat when the time comes.

JMHO but I'd say things are looking up.

d