Climbable rock in a neighborhood in Renton!

a-vibrant-soul

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:shock: Holy Granite in Renton! I do believe that Windermere listing is what Linda was talking about, right down to the cobble gravel driveway. Price seems a little steep to me, I'm glad I got my little 32 acres with the cliff all back in the day when land was affordable.

My wife grew up about a half mile from this place; her aunt and uncle, until about 3 years ago, lived immediately above it. We went hiking with her brother yesterday, so I asked them if they knew anything about it. Apparently it's an old quarry - it perhaps was called the Black River Quarry? Didn't have any beta as to climbability, but they did say that in the mid 60's one of their little classmates fell to his death there.

Cheers!

- rob

Are you guys talking about the rock of exit 15? I live really close to there so go there quite often. There are two bolted routes and two toproped climbs. The routes are easy but are a little awkward and a little dirty however nothing loose. If you live less than 15 minutes away it's worth it.

To get there just take exit 15 and follow 900 (aka Renton Issaquah Rd) South. About 5 minutes past Talus it is on your right, just across from Pacific Top Soil.