June 28-29th Ski Mt Maude

Animal

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info! I will keep my idea open to see what happens in the next two weeks! Well I just called the Ranger station and the road is open up to the Spider Meadow Trail head, they said the trail was still under snow, which in my mind is good for the summer corn! I love this cold weather!

Edited by Animal

Seemed a tad warm around 6-8,000ft to be venturing on the Walrus Glacier or Mt.Maude by myself, so I headed out the Poet Range for a very nice traverse. The wind blew quite a bit on Sunday with gusts up to 45mph but today was better. The snow was soft and in places I was up to my hip. Saw some tracks on Sunday and one party on Poe as I came down today.

Anybody try Maude or Clark?

Edited by Tokogirl

As of Tuesday we have a small group of climbers (approximately 4) from Kitsap County going up Mt Maude. Since all of us are not skiiers we will be boot packing this one. PM me if anyone else is interested. We plan on driving out Friday night, and spendinf Saturday night up on the mountain probably up by Icy lakes, and then out on Sunday. Leory Creek will be our approach.

Animal,

Looks as of tonight a friend, from West Seattle, will be driving to Leavenworth Friday evening. We may start out on Saturday early, early a.m. or do a quick climb in Leavenworth B4 heading to in Saturday afternoon.

Keep me posted and perhaps we could meet up.

We will be bringing skis!