La Sportiva Trango ALP ???

MtnClimbr

Anyone checked these out yet? I just ran across them online.

I was thinking about getting the Trango Evos, but might wait for these to come out. MooseJaw says they'll have them by mid June...Mountain Gear by the beginning of July.

The main issues with the Trango Evos (from what I've read in reviews) is the fraying with the side fabric and the lack of durability where the laces rub.

Check out the picks below closely, I think they fixed both issues with the ALP. Thoughts anyone? Anybody own the Evo's and have suggestions on one or the other? Thanks a bunch!

The new La Sportiva Trango ALP:

trango_alp.jpg

La Sportiva Trango Evo:

trango_evo.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I just received a pair of Trango Alps from OMC and am comparing them side by side to the Trango Extreme Evo Light. The Alps weigh less than the Extreme Evos, and are more soft and pliable. The Extreme Evos have a pronounced front welt, whereas the Alps do not. If you will do more vert ice and front pointing where a stable platform is key, you may be better off with the Extreme Evos.

There is a key difference in fit. For some reason, the thickness of the platform on the Extreme Evos creates a smaller toebox and reduced volume. My feet are cramped in these, whereas the Alps have plenty of wiggle room. In both, I am experiencing some heel lift (which I don't in Sportiva Glaciers). It been awhile since I tried on Trango Evos, so can't remember how the fit compares to Extreme Evos or Alps.

I just noticed from the above pics that the lacing system is different - on the Alps you have a better lacing system. The fifth pair of eyelets will clamp down on the lace securing the foot while you fine tune the fit on the ankle. You can't do that with the Evos or Extreme Evos unless you do some funky lace tricks.

Edited by dross