salsa or guacamole?

minx

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell you talking about brands??? Homemade salsa is the best, and it is so easy to make.

Can't agree more Ken!! I do make mine often. At the same time, I also like to try some brands from the store if they look interesting.

Here is my basic fresh salsa recipe:

Sounds like mine as well.. expect for fresh minced garlic!!

Guacamole: prepare all of your ingredients and mix well except for the avacado. Put in your avacado in big chunks

I go with a potato masher - but still leave the avocados chunky. (tip from Alton Brown). I'll try your suggestion of big chunks next time. Big... but not huge :laf: .

don't use curry powder, bleh

I must've been more specific. This is home-made sambhar powder that I'm talking about. I add a teaspoon on top of the other separate ingredients.

I just like lime, cumin, corriander, and salt for seasoning my guacamole and pepper, onion and tomato for other veggies.

Mine is quite similar as well, except I replace the coriander powder with sambhar powder. I also add a bit of minced ginger and garlic. Ken, you should try adding a bit of garlic next time!

Use a medium-sized sharp knife to cut lengthwise around the avocado.

Let the knife follow the contour of the avocado by pressing the knife blade into the flesh touching the large pit.

Twist the two avocado halves while pulling the two lengthwise pieces gently apart.

Whack the knife firmly into the pit.

Twist the knife

I don't care how bad the weather gets, I'm not bivying with you.

Hey, you cut off the rest of my rambling, there, Sonny.

And it was a pretty damned big caveat, too.

;)

i'd probably spoon with tvash, if I could bag some summits this fucking shitty spring/june

hey! WTH! are sherri and chopped liver????? tvash? hmmph!

Hey, you cut off the rest of my rambling, there, Sonny.

And it was a pretty damned big caveat, too.

;)

i'd probably spoon with tvash, if I could bag some summits this fucking shitty spring/june

hey! WTH! are sherri and chopped liver????? tvash? hmmph!

cool, what about next weekend. you guys can spoon - i'll sulk with my whiskey. Rainier?