Thanks Dennis! -Impeach the Bastard!

wayne

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you about "this yahoo's" motivations, Scott, but I don't think there is any question that BushCo waged a war on a nation that did not attack us and posed no significant threat and had prisoners tortured in violation of the Geneva Conventions.

You may justify this because you think the ends justify the means, but if you need more "proof" to conclude they did these things I would say it is you who is dense.

I would point out that Iraq was firing on American aircraft in the 'no fly zone' almost daily (in violation of their signed agreement) and tried to assassinate a former president while on a state visit. Reason enough, IMO.

The man speaks truth.

The man is a psychopath, he is absolutely crazy. He is nutz and should be taken off the air. People like him should not be able to have a voice that loud or be able to influence others. He says being a liberal is a disease. What a joke.

lefties against free speech

The man speaks truth.

The man is a psychopath, he is absolutely crazy. He is nutz and should be taken off the air. People like him should not be able to have a voice that loud or be able to influence others. He says being a liberal is a disease. What a joke.

The guy IS a loon, for sure. But why is it that liberals are always the ones who want to restrict free speech? It's not just you--but some of the otherwise intelligent liberals on this board have expressed similar sentiments. What is it you really stand for? Surrender to the collective?

Canyondweller, I skimmed Porters link and it looks to me as if it doesn't directly refute what you said. It says that Prescott did business with the Nazi's but generally before the war and the stories spread in current attacks on the Bush Family are, at a minimum, outrageously exaggerated.

Pre-WWI banners were typically put out by interventionists--not the US Govt. Woodrow Wilson was a complete moron who likely fancied himself much as you do yourself. He wasn't God damed Jesus Christ--that's for sure. Another Democrat for peace...I mean war.

Edited by Fairweather

Fairweather, you keep hounding on this point about censorship but it is nonsense. Commentators from the right are all about restricting free speech you see as giving comfort to our enemies in a time of war or that may impact troop morale, and it is important to protect our darling children from talk about sex or drugs, but it is unconstitutional to suggest that news media be held to any standard for telling the truth?

By the way: I enjoyed that Savage clip. Good stuff!

He says being a liberal is a disease. What a joke.

No, he says Liberalism is a 'mental disorder;' Get it right.

Whoops....that’s right……

Fairweather. The biggest trick the millionaires/republicans of this country ever pulled was convincing the poor that what is good for them is good for you. Wake up friend.

Fairweather. The biggest trick the millionaires/republicans of this country ever pulled was convincing the poor that what is good for them is good for you. Wake up friend.

You've let leftist populism infect your brain, and since there is plenty of room remaining therein post eighth grade, this is not all that surprising. Within reason and limits, a rising tide does lift all ships.

Hell, Matt, even your precious UN believes in more freedom than you do. (?)

...The Universal Declaration of Human Rights states: "Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference, and impart information and ideas through any media regardless of frontiers"

You don't honestly believe in restrictions on press freedom do you?

Yes.

Then you don't believe in the constitution. ...And you wonder why conservatives question the patriotism of the left?

so show of hands as to who believes bush jr. and co did at no time violate the constitution. if you believe they did, then which? is it contained in the kucinich articles?

Fairweather, don't you believe in restrictions on freedom of the press too?

Wouldn't you call for some "restriction" if the press was publishing the names of our secret agents for example, or broadcasting our military plans in advance, or urging that the president be assassinated? Graphic sex or promotion of drug use on the front page of the Seattle Times?

The only difference you and I have is where we draw the lines. Apart from whether the road to 911 contained any substantial mis-information, and apart from that particular episode altogether, are you arguing that it is always OK for news media to lie or that there should be no consequences even if it is not OK?

The man speaks truth.

Liberals = tax and spend.

Republicans = borrow and squander.

Savage rips on Bush, McCain and others you hate as well. You'd be entertained.

FW. I believe the press should be held accountable for not reporting this occupation on a daily basis. I believe GWB is a criminal…. I think ALL lobbyists should be expelled from Washington.

Do you think it’s ok to water board a prisoner? Do you think it’s OK to get rid of Habeas corpus? Do you think it’s OK for our government to hold ANYONE without representation?

I question your patriotism. Friend!

FW. I believe the press should be held accountable for not reporting this occupation on a daily basis. I believe GWB is a criminal…. I think ALL lobbyists should be expelled from Washington.

Do you think it’s ok to water board a prisoner? Do you think it’s OK to get rid of Habeas corpus? Do you think it’s OK for our government to hold ANYONE without representation?

I question your patriotism. Friend!

your presence on this forum is equally as morally reprehensible as water-boarding, and no less a form of torture.