Thanks Dennis! -Impeach the Bastard!

wayne

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the sentiment and fully support impeachment but some of that stuff on the link you provide there is a little over the top and, frankly, disappointing. I'm thinking of the Articles themselves, and the "considerations."

Violations and subversions of the Charter of the United Nations and international law, both a part of the "Supreme Law of the land" under Article VI, paragraph 2, of the Constitution, in an attempt to commit with impunity crimes against peace and humanity and war crimes in wars and threats of aggression against Afghanistan, Iraq and others and usurping powers of the United Nations and the peoples of its nations by bribery, coercion and other corrupt acts and by rejecting treaties, committing treaty violations, and frustrating compliance with treaties in order to destroy any means by which international law and institutions can prevent, affect, or adjudicate the exercise of U.S. military and economic power against the international community.

You can read this and you know what it says, but it is far from clear, or well-written. And, while I think the invasion of Afghanistan was not not only unjustified and poorly conceived, I bet most Americans think that if there is some question whether our Iraq venture was justified there was no question about Afghanistan. And it is easy to understand why. The "considerations" do not address this point, so readers are left wondering: what the F***?

It is a shame, in my opinion, that impeachment isn't a more serious option. We have let Bush and his buddies seriously undermine the Constitution and the Democrats just don't want to take the chance on standing up to it -- or maybe they don't care. And whether you are Democrat or Republican, the fact is the next President and the one after that will be fully justified in thinking they can pull the same kind of stuff with impunity.

MattP and the rest of you are so far to the left why don't you head on down to Vladimir Lenin's Statue located in the Fremont so you can kneel down and chant your accolades for the New Left that is brewing in the Democratic Party.

Yeah, I'm so far left I actually believe that a president who breaks the law, lies, and undermines not only prestige, but our power and preparedness as a nation should be held accountable for it.

Impeachment is for chumps who get blow jobs, not for war criminals.

Yeah, I'm so far left I actually believe that a president who breaks the law, lies, and undermines not only prestige, but our power and preparedness as a nation should be held accountable for it.

Impeachment is for chumps who get blow jobs, not for war criminals.

I would like proof that GWB is a war criminal. This yahoo preaching from his pulpit is just trying to get his little piece of fame in hopes that it will reap a political harvest come autumn.

I agree with you about "this yahoo's" motivations, Scott, but I don't think there is any question that BushCo waged a war on a nation that did not attack us and posed no significant threat and had prisoners tortured in violation of the Geneva Conventions.

You may justify this because you think the ends justify the means, but if you need more "proof" to conclude they did these things I would say it is you who is dense.

I disagree that the war in Iraq was wrong. The reasons that we went in there were ridiculous and for all intensive purposes superfluous. The only thing wrong with the initiation of this war (except for the aforementioned things) is that it did not happen in 1991.

Saddam was an evil man and a tyrant who was as vile as Lennin, Stalin, Pol-Pot ect. He was genocidal and has at various times threatened us while implying that he had nuculear weaponry.

You may ask, " why don't we go overthrow every genocidal dictator?" I don't know and it is likely because of greed and apathy. The facts remain that a War against the Saddam regime was justified by any orthodox morality.

Just because there "were no weapons of mass destruction." does not mean that the offensive was ill conceived or illegal. The country was tyrannical and the only reason that the UN didn't jump on the war was the fact that some of its biggest members were illegaly bastardizing the oil for food program and didn't want that fact revealed. Furthermore, they didn't want their newfound cash cow slaughtered.

OK, so you agree with my points above (1) Iraq did not attack us and posed no signficant (military) threat, and (2) Bush and buddies authorized or approved torture.

The ends justify the means. These are not war crimes if the good guys do it.

OK, so you agree with my points above (1) Iraq did not attack us and posed no signficant (military) threat, and (2) Bush and buddies authorized or approved torture.

The ends justify the means. These are not war crimes if the good guys do it.

Did Korea attack the US? Did Germany? How about Panama, Grenada? Afghanistan didn't even attack us. Clearly you see that a direct frontal attack is not a prerequisite for war.

Since when has war been a simple "he hit me ergo I hit him" algorithm? Never. All of you whiny liberals cry out "Darfur!" "Darfur!" like its your atomic bomb of debate strategies. What has Darfur ever done to the US?

If it was such a moral imperative then why did the Idiot need to form the Iraq Study Group to develop a marketing plan to sell it to the public? If it was so important than just state your case and be honest about it.

James Baker, former Sec of State, says "No one asks me anymore why we didn't go to Baghdad".

For all "intents and purposes" the Idiot and his band lied to the public and Congress. Funny, in a not funny way, that if Iraq was such a moral threat to the world why did we cozy up to them and send them weapons, biological weapons, and provide them with intelligence until Saddam showed too much independence? Well because at that time he was OUR dictator and provided a counterweight to Iran in the region. So it was ok that he was mowing down the Kurds with weapons we gave him, but when he starting yanking on the leash it was time to move in.

Get real - do think if Iraq's major export was vegetables that we would be interested? There is no morality involved - it's the Idiot and his buddies who had their eye on Iraq for a long time and wanted to make a statement.

They succeeded but not in the manner intended. Anyone with a long term vision and world view has said this was a strategic blunder.

If it was such a moral imperative then why did the Idiot need to form the Iraq Study Group to develop a marketing plan to sell it to the public? If it was so important than just state your case and be honest about it.

Name a war where we didn't do this. Hell, they even had to do this for the president of the US to convince him that we should join the fight. This is not a new practice; probably goes back a few thousand years.

WW2 happened not due to a German invasion of the US. We got involved for several reasons. Our friends were being attacked, U boats were wreaking havoc in the Atlantic. Our friends like England and others ask us to and the final push was Pearl Harbor.

We did go into Iraq when Iraq attacked Kuwait, but there was no reason to really invade. Saddam was a nasty jerk, but if we were to invade by those criteria then there's a whole laundry list of countries we should declare war on.

The Iraq invasion got sold to the US public under a false bill of goods. Right now since we fucked up we have to stay for a bit, but not as long as Bush and McCain want us to.

WW2 happened not due to a German invasion of the US. We got involved for several reasons. Our friends were being attacked, U boats were wreaking havoc in the Atlantic. Our friends like England and others ask us to and the final push was Pearl Harbor.

Actually, to be correct, the Soviet Union was pushing hard for the U.S. to open a second front moreso that England was begging for anything.

On another note, all you Lefties are so big on 'women's rights.' How can you be against the liberation of Afghani and Iraqi women? Women in these countries can now vote!!! Why isn't Betty Freidan (bitch) doing cartwheels around the White House? I guess 'Women's Lib' only applies to American women.

On another note, all you Lefties are so big on 'women's rights.' How can you be against the liberation of Afghani and Iraqi women? Women in these countries can now vote!!! Why isn't Betty Freidan (bitch) doing cartwheels around the White House? I guess 'Women's Lib' only applies to American women.

Where do you get this stuff?

The man speaks truth.

The man is a psychopath, he is absolutely crazy. He is nutz and should be taken off the air. People like him should not be able to have a voice that loud or be able to influence others. He says being a liberal is a disease. What a joke.

Liberals = tax and spend.

Republicans = borrow and squander.

Where do you get this stuff?

You know I'm right.