National Guard: At least Canada is in N America...

ashw_justin

i don't think honor is a bad thing, it is certainly a noble aspiration, but it is also useful to see the same trait in the enemy and recognize that it is not something we have a patent on (other than the honor the represented by the American flag)

There is no honor in this enemy.

-He uses children to fight for him.

-He uses women and children to sheil his attack knowing full well we will not fire back.

-He uses fear to persuade civilians to help him.

-He uses indescriminate ordinances.

-He detonates ordinances MEANT for civilians.

-His ultimate aim is genocide.

-He fights to ensure that another country remains oppressed.

-He fights for the destruction of modernity.

Number 4 from the "How to Tell If You're in A Cult" List:

"Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions."

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think honor is a bad thing, it is certainly a noble aspiration, but it is also useful to see the same trait in the enemy and recognize that it is not something we have a patent on (other than the honor the represented by the American flag)

There is no honor in this enemy.

-He uses children to fight for him.

-He uses women and children to sheil his attack knowing full well we will not fire back.

-He uses fear to persuade civilians to help him.

-He uses indescriminate ordinances.

-He detonates ordinances MEANT for civilians.

-His ultimate aim is genocide.

-He fights to ensure that another country remains oppressed.

-He fights for the destruction of modernity.

"Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions."

Uhm. This is notan unreasonable fear. It is normal fear to walk down a street and not know whether you will get blown up if it has happened multiple times before.

You are quite the one to talk about conspiracy theories there ace. Your ideas about the innerworkings of the government and the US militart (which it is clear you know nothing about) are absolutely legendary.

Dang that double edged sword eh?

You are quite the one to talk about conspiracy theories there ace. Your ideas about the innerworkings of the government and the US militart (which it is clear you know nothing about) are absolutely legendary.

Really? Which ones specifically?

:lmao:

Go take a trip to Syria, Iran, and Afghanistan. Alone.

I remember a group of climbers doing that like 10 years back or something. Seems I remember something about a 500 foot fall and an old yogurt ball.

Remember this was before me and my ilk "made them mad at america." :lmao:

Why don't you take up the challenge then boss. Since my views are unfounded, you obviously would have no problem going there and saying:

"what's up guys! I hate Bush too! Want to party?"

Afterwhich, they promptly cut off your head, piss down your trachea, burn your body and drag it behind a truck for a day and a 1/2.

Why don't you take up the challenge then boss. Since my views are unfounded, you obviously would have no problem going there and saying:

Afterwhich, they promptly cut off your head, piss down your trachea, burn your body and drag it behind a truck for a day and a 1/2.

it's all a paranoid fantasy, Prole. don't listen to him. this would never happen to you. Take the trip. Please.

Well, I guess that's just the price we pay for liberating them. All the most reason to stay and continue liberating them till they can't be liberated anymore.

Edited by prole

More undigested abstractions. Why not throw in some glory, honor, sacrifice, etc? You could make your own recruitment video.

About what I would expect from you. However, now that you brought them up, what is wrong with 'honor' and 'sacrifice'? You Lefties preach individual sacrifice for the good of the collective. How is a soldier's willingness to sacrifice any different? Further, how is 'honor' now a bad word?

The problem with "honor" and "sacrifice" they're basically lofty-sounding abstractions designed for the parents of dead children and inscriptions on tombstones, to give the living some meaning for senseless waste. They have no meaning whatsoever in and of themselves: the same language is used by kamikazis, Prussians, Commies, Doughboys, Mongols, or Marines. The Nazi SS talked loads of this stuff, but through history's lens were they honorable and virtuous? Submission and sacrifice to the State is the essence of fascism but it's always dressed in the very same terms you unquestioningly swallow. Any "leftie" worth his salt would never accept your premise about "preaching individual sacrifice for the good of the collective". The ones I like tend to be a bit more historically literate and less prone to razzle-dazzle marketing campaigns dressed up as patriotism. Finally, "honor" is a bad word when it's used as first to charm impressionable boys and then as ideological cover to mask national chauvinism and belligerence.

Denying the existence of honor is a long tradition of those lacking that trait. Honor is real and I have seen it personally. If less people would forget what honor was, this world might not

be so bad.

Things like Pride, Duty, Self Sacrifice and Honor should not be bad words. They are ideals that we MUST instill in our children; not try to erase.

Perhaps the reason you are a nhilist is that you have nothing greater than yourself to believe in than a washed up philosophy that killed more people than the plague.

My point is not that these things don't exist, it's that the relationships between the abstract ideas and what they're realistically in service to need to be examined. I think people can be honorable, exhibit virtuous qualities, etc. but that killing people in the service to and for the benefit of the State (much less invading and occupying Iraq) doesn't meet the criteria.

Would you say this to a D-Day vet or a beach storming pacific theatre vet?? I think not...

Personally, i disagree with this war from all sorts of angles, but addititonally, i think that there are sometimes justifiable, morally/ethically/legally, wars and combat. Arguably, blood should have been shed in Rwanda to prevent the atrocities there and additionally, it should be shed in the congo now...Iraq? Its a silly gentleman's war with waay too high of a price, both in american blood and iraqi...Perhaps, if it had been waged more intelligently, that price could have been lowered...

Well, I guess that's just the price we pay for liberating them. All the most reason to stay and continue liberating them till they can't be liberated anymore.

They have hated you for over a thousand years. I highly doubt even you could possibly think that 10 years ago would have been any safer for you.

Hint:

I gave you an example a few posts back about a few climbers that went there. You might have heard of them before.

More undigested abstractions. Why not throw in some glory, honor, sacrifice, etc? You could make your own recruitment video.

About what I would expect from you. However, now that you brought them up, what is wrong with 'honor' and 'sacrifice'? You Lefties preach individual sacrifice for the good of the collective. How is a soldier's willingness to sacrifice any different? Further, how is 'honor' now a bad word?

The problem with "honor" and "sacrifice" they're basically lofty-sounding abstractions designed for the parents of dead children and inscriptions on tombstones, to give the living some meaning for senseless waste. They have no meaning whatsoever in and of themselves: the same language is used by kamikazis, Prussians, Commies, Doughboys, Mongols, or Marines. The Nazi SS talked loads of this stuff, but through history's lens were they honorable and virtuous? Submission and sacrifice to the State is the essence of fascism but it's always dressed in the very same terms you unquestioningly swallow. Any "leftie" worth his salt would never accept your premise about "preaching individual sacrifice for the good of the collective". The ones I like tend to be a bit more historically literate and less prone to razzle-dazzle marketing campaigns dressed up as patriotism. Finally, "honor" is a bad word when it's used as first to charm impressionable boys and then as ideological cover to mask national chauvinism and belligerence.

Denying the existence of honor is a long tradition of those lacking that trait. Honor is real and I have seen it personally. If less people would forget what honor was, this world might not

be so bad.

Things like Pride, Duty, Self Sacrifice and Honor should not be bad words. They are ideals that we MUST instill in our children; not try to erase.

Perhaps the reason you are a nhilist is that you have nothing greater than yourself to believe in than a washed up philosophy that killed more people than the plague.

My point is not that these things don't exist, it's that the relationships between the abstract ideas and what they're realistically in service to need to be examined. I think people can be honorable, exhibit virtuous qualities, etc. but that killing people in the service to and for the benefit of the State (much less invading and occupying Iraq) doesn't meet the criteria.

Would you say this to a D-Day vet or a beach storming pacific theatre vet?? I think not...

No, I'd have to yell it in their antique ear phone holes because they're so damn old! I say this not to disparage the hearing impaired, but to illustrate the fact that the last legitimate military action the US was engaged in was 60+ years ago! Everybody knows this and that's why the pundits and politicians have to fall all over each other evoking Hitler's ghost and Pearl Harbor and Nazis and everything else every time they want to start (or stay in) a goddamned war. Fricking infantile political culture in this country! Gahd.

be so bad.

No, I'd have to yell it in their antique ear phone holes because they're so damn old! I say this not to disparage the hearing impaired, but to illustrate the fact that the last legitimate military action the US was engaged in was 60+ years ago! Everybody knows this and that's why the pundits and politicians have to fall all over each other evoking Hitler's ghost and Pearl Harbor and Nazis and everything else every time they want to start (or stay in) a goddamned war. Fricking infantile political culture in this country! Gahd.

So, you opposed the actions in Bosnia, then?

be so bad.

Did Germany attack us? I can't remember.

be so bad.

How skinny can we make it?

be so bad.

what?

be so bad.

what?

What 'what'?

be so bad.

what?

What 'what'?

can you hear me now?

good!

How about a word like 'winning'? Could you proud, dutiful, and honorable heroes throw us civilians who are shitting money by the humvee load for all this foreign adventure a bone and maybe actually 'win' a war for a change? I mean, two resounding defeats in six years? With all the pricey, high tech crap we waste on you? This shit's getting old.

Come back to us when you've got a victory under your belt, soldier. Until then, shut the fuck up, blowhard.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

How about a word like 'winning'? Could you proud, dutiful, and honorable heroes throw us civilians who are shitting money by the humvee load for all this foreign adventure a bone and maybe actually 'win' a war for a change? I mean, two resounding defeats in six years? With all the pricey, high tech crap we waste on you? This shit's getting old.

Come back to us when you've got a victory under your belt, soldier. Until then, shut the fuck up, blowhard.

Sorry buddy, doing my best.

i have NG two friends that have/are putting in multiple tours. they get excited about the adventure, neither was psyched about the second tour, but they're going (well one is there), neither is active combat, but rather supporting. the honeymoon is really quick for them and they're ready to come home. the pay is (if single) enhanced by the fact that you can't spend to much of it over there I guess (well lose it at poker I guess?).

my friend currently there has diverse (& divorced) parents:

1. a dad who is a super right wing gun nut

2. a mom is a super liberal social worker

If you want to meet a "moderate", i have met no one who matches the description more than him.