• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
scott_harpell

Consequences

What do you think the long and short term consequences will be to leaving Iraq within lets say 18 months? I was thinking about the nature of the Islamic fundamentalist and their base way of only operating under a black and white "strong or weak" mentality.

Do you think we will have to go back? Do you think that Iran will force its hand into Iraqi politics? Will they try to force Iraqs hand militarily? I know people are dead set on leaving now, but what really will happen.

Newt Gingritch thinks it will take us losing an entire city for us to realize the threat. What do you think?

I'm thinking if we leave the Iraqis will hold a teaparty with warm milk and fresh baked cookies.

well then I guess we won then didn't we Hugh?

The Victorian one

you are a dumb prudish bitch? never would have guessed.

I'm a pinko America hater; you don't speak for me, mmmk?

The Victorian one

you are a dumb prudish bitch? never would have guessed.

I'm a pinko America hater; you don't speak for me, mmmk?

Yes I do.

Newt Gingritch thinks it will take us losing an entire city for us to realize the threat. What do you think?

I wonder how you would feel if I forced myself into your home, and I stayed trying to change your mind, and not letting you decide for yourself in your own home.

A long term drawn out religious war that would make the Irish situation seem like a childs sandbox squabble won by Hard-core Shia Islamicists years and many many deaths later.

Oil would shoot through the roof, $10 a gallon gas would be here for sure, our republics economy would be in horrible condition as other countrys realized we can't follow through on shit and decided to start pushing us around.

Later, Israel would be on the block as shias from Iraq and Iran united to vigourously support Hezbola and Hamas.

Very probable scenario IMO.

I think most americans (including me) are clueless as to what would happen. Ask a solder.

I think most americans (including me) are clueless as to what would happen. Ask a solder.

Will do.

Soldering%20Iron%20solder.jpg

I wonder how you would feel if I forced myself into your home, and I stayed trying to change your mind, and not letting you decide for yourself in your own home.

If I gassed my sister, that might be an appropriate analogy.

A long term drawn out religious war that would make the Irish situation seem like a childs sandbox squabble won by Hard-core Shia Islamicists years and many many deaths later.

Oil would shoot through the roof, $10 a gallon gas would be here for sure, our republics economy would be in horrible condition as other countrys realized we can't follow through on shit and decided to start pushing us around.

Later, Israel would be on the block as shias from Iraq and Iran united to vigourously support Hezbola and Hamas.

do you think the converse is true if we dont leave now?

Edited by scott_harpell

Yeah I'd say it's a probable scenario too, considering the US will end up spending $3,000,000,000,000 (that's a trillion, right?) to have brought most of those conditions into existence already. :rolleyes:

If I gassed my sister, that might be an appropriate analogy.

Cute. I guess you don't believe the people of Iraq can handle their own destiny.

you are a dumb prudish bitch?

apparently you are not familiar with 'pluralis majestatis.'

As in Queen Victoria who was a dumb prudish bitch?

I guess you don't believe the people of Iraq can handle their own destiny.

Sovereign or so-we-reign? What’s the difference?

Will do.

Soldering%20Iron%20solder.jpg

Ah crap... you got me "Soldier" ask a Soldier! :/

Nice. Now again, why would I ask someone who's "not paid to think above their pay-grade", trained to follow orders without question, willingly accepts their role as a tool of the State, and surrenders their intellect and identity to the chain of command anything about matters of policy?