Consequences

scott_harpell

What do you think the long and short term consequences will be to leaving Iraq within lets say 18 months? I was thinking about the nature of the Islamic fundamentalist and their base way of only operating under a black and white "strong or weak" mentality.

Do you think we will have to go back? Do you think that Iran will force its hand into Iraqi politics? Will they try to force Iraqs hand militarily? I know people are dead set on leaving now, but what really will happen.

Newt Gingritch thinks it will take us losing an entire city for us to realize the threat. What do you think?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Newt Gingritch thinks it will take us losing an entire city for us to realize the threat. What do you think?

I wonder how you would feel if I forced myself into your home, and I stayed trying to change your mind, and not letting you decide for yourself in your own home.

A long term drawn out religious war that would make the Irish situation seem like a childs sandbox squabble won by Hard-core Shia Islamicists years and many many deaths later.

Oil would shoot through the roof, $10 a gallon gas would be here for sure, our republics economy would be in horrible condition as other countrys realized we can't follow through on shit and decided to start pushing us around.

Later, Israel would be on the block as shias from Iraq and Iran united to vigourously support Hezbola and Hamas.

Very probable scenario IMO.

I wonder how you would feel if I forced myself into your home, and I stayed trying to change your mind, and not letting you decide for yourself in your own home.

If I gassed my sister, that might be an appropriate analogy.

A long term drawn out religious war that would make the Irish situation seem like a childs sandbox squabble won by Hard-core Shia Islamicists years and many many deaths later.

Oil would shoot through the roof, $10 a gallon gas would be here for sure, our republics economy would be in horrible condition as other countrys realized we can't follow through on shit and decided to start pushing us around.

Later, Israel would be on the block as shias from Iraq and Iran united to vigourously support Hezbola and Hamas.

do you think the converse is true if we dont leave now?

Edited by scott_harpell

Yeah I'd say it's a probable scenario too, considering the US will end up spending $3,000,000,000,000 (that's a trillion, right?) to have brought most of those conditions into existence already. :rolleyes:

If I gassed my sister, that might be an appropriate analogy.

Cute. I guess you don't believe the people of Iraq can handle their own destiny.

Nice. Now again, why would I ask someone who's "not paid to think above their pay-grade", trained to follow orders without question, willingly accepts their role as a tool of the State, and surrenders their intellect and identity to the chain of command anything about matters of policy?