Good Seattle Store for trail runners

ericb

I need to replace my ASICS gel Trabucos. I'm trying to add trail running to my routine an've been keeping arch issues at bay by limiting my mileage and ramping slowly. My less than expert opinion thus far is that I need something more supportive than my Trabucos that double as a cragging/approach shoe. Given a touchy right arch, and my relatively recent ACL surgery I'd like to be put in the right shoe by someone that really knows what they are doing. Any recommendation on a Seattle area store that has both a good selection and knowledgeable staff....for trail runners specifically?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seattle Running Company - The owner, Scott McCubray, is a top trail runner and his staff has the expertise you want.

I also like Road Runner Sports near Greenlake, but they lack the expertise of SRC.

+1 on Seattle Running Company

In the past (10 years ago?) they had a video camera and a treadmill so they could watch you run and help you decide if the shoes gave you proper support (e.g. prevent pronation). They've done a lot of remodeling so I'm not sure if it is still there. Most of their staff trail runs so they can give you their opinion about what sort of shoe you need. For example, I run NW 50km trail runs and they suggested one type of shoe worked for my types of runs that wouldn't be appropriate for a 100 miler in the desert. Plus they are a big sponsor of lots of local trail runs including the White River 50m.

Super Jock and Jill is the best! When I was running competitively it was the only place I'd go. They'll evaluate your running style like the other places. Plus, they even let you run around the block in each pair of shoes (which i liked because it felt more natural than testing shoes on a treadmill- because I never used those). One time i bought a pair too big, but it took me a month to realize it/get back over there and they took them back no questions asked even though the shoes looked really worn.