Pants fit question

bvl

I am just getting into mountaineering, and I got a pair of Patagonia guide pants. My question is how are the supposed to fit? They feel great in the waist and crotch area, but they are close fitting on the legs, is this normal? I wouldn't call them tight, but they fit much closer to my legs than a pair of jeans. I have great movement in them, and a little room for an insulation layer.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just getting into mountaineering, and I got a pair of Patagonia guide pants. My question is how are the supposed to fit? They feel great in the waist and crotch area, but they are close fitting on the legs, is this normal? I wouldn't call them tight, but they fit much closer to my legs than a pair of jeans. I have great movement in them, and a little room for an insulation layer.

Great pants! - I love mine. IMO less extra fabric in the legs is a good thing as it lowers the odds of catching them with your crampons.

they fit much closer to my legs than a pair of jeans. I have great movement in them, and a little room for an insulation layer.

That's exactly what you need. Close enough to keep you warm, doesn't restrict movement and room for a base layer.

I have worn the hell out of my guide pants and they are still functional.