JHole hotel beta?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always stayed at the Climbers Ranch. Its reasonably priced, has showers, interesting collection of climbers staying there, and close to the action.

Edited by danielpatricksmith

The Antler Motel is the cheapest and the best bang for your buck. Otherwise, check out the two hostels; Teton Village, and The Anvil right across the corner from Teton Mountaineering. The Anvil is about $20 per night (but watch your gear in there). The Teton Village Hostel is a little more pricy but waayyy chiller. From my experiences in Jackson, I have my doubts as to whether or not you'll be able to haggle prices. Have fun!

The Outlaw Motel (one street west of Teton Mountaineering) is a real dive (or was) but, cheap with kitchenettes.

The last time I stayed at the AAC Climber's Ranch, it was about $4/night (been three years since).

If you stay at the Anvil, you should take everything with you everytime you leave the room.

Stop by Jackson Hole Mountain Guides in town and ask. Sometimes, they'll have a choice hook-up you can take advantage of.

The Climber's Ranch is choice for reasons mentioned above.

There one night at the covered outdoor dining area (grills supplied), I was an indirect party to the potential start of WWIII when the Brits I was climbing with were trying to start a full-on battle with a group of Germans.

good times