Iraq

scott_harpell

It saddens me but doesn't surprise me that those who are still clinging most desperately to the mythologies of this invasion and occupation against all evidence and reason are those who most badly need to, just to get through the day. I guess if I'd seen the things you'd seen, I'd tell myself what I needed to hear too. You guys got fucked over bad. I'm sorry I couldn't have done more.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You need to quit watching the Deer Hunter reruns brother.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, so what you're saying is that you really dig your job, you buy into all the bullshit, you hope it lasts forever, and you don't give a fuck who pays for it. Just as your avatars suggest. You should have gone to a shrink instead of the recruitment office.

Oh, so what you're saying is that you really dig your job, you buy into all the bullshit, you hope it lasts forever, and you don't give a fuck who pays for it. Just as your avatars suggest. You should have gone to a shrink instead of the recruitment office.

cheaper this way. ;)

It saddens me but doesn't surprise me that those who are still clinging most desperately to the mythologies of this invasion and occupation against all evidence and reason are those who most badly need to, just to get through the day. I guess if I'd seen the things you'd seen, I'd tell myself what I needed to hear too. You guys got fucked over bad. I'm sorry I couldn't have done more.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You need to quit watching the Deer Hunter reruns brother.

holy shit! so fucking true!!!!!!! :lmao:

cheaper this way. ;)

Is it?

Link

cheaper this way. ;)

Is it?

Link

Yes.

Fah...Q you condescending fuck. If you want to help out the soldiers, start sending care packages. Start sending phone cards. Dont' give me this tired fucking drivle that you want to help us.

You see us as blue collar assholes that couldn't get a job anywhere else. You think you have all the right answers and that if we just had the chance to understand, we would see how futile our lives are.

Spare me bitch, I do this because I want to. I love it; because I love my country. So fuck off.

:tup: :tup: :tup:

Well good luck working things out with Dad and that whole ticker-tape parade thing you're looking for.

My dad is a great man. One that would beat your ass for using him against me and one that is worth kicking your ass over. Say what you want about me, but leave my father out of it. Got it?

Well good luck working things out with Dad and that whole ticker-tape parade thing you're looking for.

My dad is a great man. One that would beat your ass for using him against me and one that is worth kicking your ass over. Say what you want about me, but leave my father out of it. Got it?

prole can't help it - he's a dirty little commie fuck.

Prole, you've got some serious issues, man. You've demonstrated why civil engagement with your type is utterly pointless. Scott H has opened up and presented you with opportunities to engage and learn --to participate in that whole open mind principle you lefties are always chest-beating about. You've passed up this opportunity to, basically, spit on a vet. You're just as smug, arrogant, and intellectually dishonest as FearandGreed.

Prole, you've got some serious issues, man. You've demonstrated why civil engagement with your type is utterly pointless. Scott H has opened up and presented you with opportunities to engage and learn --to participate in that whole open mind principle you lefties are always chest-beating about. You've passed up this opportunity to, basically, spit on a vet. You're just as smug, arrogant, and intellectually dishonest as FearandGreed.

scott h spits foxnews like you do jizz

Ahh, yes. Another member of the leftist pussy ankle-grabber cadre chimes in. Bravo. :laf:

the brown shirt, jackboots and stiff leg marching always helps with the self esteem :lmao:

Thanks for that glimpse inside your basement/psyche. I think I'll wash now.

figures you'd be threatened by BDMs

Whoop-Whoop! It's the Ironically Politically Correct Thought Police! I'm surprised it took so long for you guys to show. What exactly is open minded dialogue about somebody spewing the tiredest "stay the course all the way to Tehran" type bullshit and using vet-status as cover? Just as Scott is "tired of trying to win hearts and minds", I'm tired of kow-towing to some absurd notion that some military personnel's dumbassed opinions are off-limits because they've joined the Army. Use your fucking brain. Personally, I've always thought joining the military was the easiest thing one could do: what could be easier than not having to think for yourself, having someone tell you when to take a shit, eat, shoot, sleep. No wonder people join right out of high-school! Anyway, Scott's right, all this "support the troops" stuff is just a bunch of hypocritical bullshit. I support the individuals, not the "troops", not soldiering as a cultural institution. It's an anachronism. Soldiers these days are just a state sanctioned subculture of gun and violence fetishizing homo-repressed whack-jobs. They could just as easily be Juggalos or Trekkies, they just happen to fit a personality type that the State can use to do its dirty work. What really is seriously sad though is that they've been deluded into thinking they're doing what they're told to do for everyone else's benefit ("Fighting the Nazis since 1945!"). Liberals and conservatives alike have been guilt-tripped into joining this circle-jerk. Liberals only play into it cause I think they really do care about the person underneath and the "support the troops" crap is just a necessary evil. I mean, who would support a military purely out of principle? Besides Fairweather I mean. It's a joke. Conservatives only "support the troops" purely in the abstract. They don't give a fuck about the individuals, only nonsensical abstractions like "honor", "glory", etc. and of course to fulfill their idiotic fantasies of world-domination, national purity and the like. Creepy. So both sides are caught when an actual "troop" speaks up: liberals when a soldier makes a case for keeping himself employed and conservatives when a soldier frags an officer or joins a book-tour. Spare me your sanctimonious pious outrage about spitting on vets. Please!

Ugh, and all of this garbage about "oh, well I respect him because he's acting on his principles". What a load of horseshit. Nobody would say that about a suicide bomber, a child molester, or a Scientologist, or even a soldier in a government's military whose policies you disagreed with. No, you'd actually examine their principles and then make a judgment! Not here. No, here the principles no matter how dumb or misguided are taken for granted. It's like the "troops" are in the Special Olympics or something. Jesus.

Whoop-Whoop! It's the Ironically Politically Correct Thought Police! I'm surprised it took so long for you guys to show. What exactly is open minded dialogue about somebody spewing the tiredest "stay the course all the way to Tehran" type bullshit and using vet-status as cover? Just as Scott is "tired of trying to win hearts and minds", I'm tired of kow-towing to some absurd notion that some military personnel's dumbassed opinions are off-limits because they've joined the Army. Use your fucking brain. Personally, I've always thought joining the military was the easiest thing one could do: what could be easier than not having to think for yourself, having someone tell you when to take a shit, eat, shoot, sleep. No wonder people join right out of high-school! Anyway, Scott's right, all this "support the troops" stuff is just a bunch of hypocritical bullshit. I support the individuals, not the "troops", not soldiering as a cultural institution. It's an anachronism. Soldiers these days are just a state sanctioned subculture of gun and violence fetishizing homo-repressed whack-jobs. They could just as easily be Juggalos or Trekkies, they just happen to fit a personality type that the State can use to do its dirty work. What really is seriously sad though is that they've been deluded into thinking they're doing what they're told to do for everyone else's benefit ("Fighting the Nazis since 1945!"). Liberals and conservatives alike have been guilt-tripped into joining this circle-jerk. Liberals only play into it cause I think they really do care about the person underneath and the "support the troops" crap is just a necessary evil. I mean, who would support a military purely out of principle? Besides Fairweather I mean. It's a joke. Conservatives only "support the troops" purely in the abstract. They don't give a fuck about the individuals, only nonsensical abstractions like "honor", "glory", etc. and of course to fulfill their idiotic fantasies of world-domination, national purity and the like. Creepy. So both sides are caught when an actual "troop" speaks up: liberals when a soldier makes a case for keeping himself employed and conservatives when a soldier frags an officer or joins a book-tour. Spare me your sanctimonious pious outrage about spitting on vets. Please!

Ugh, and all of this garbage about "oh, well I respect him because he's acting on his principles". What a load of horseshit. Nobody would say that about a suicide bomber, a child molester, or a Scientologist, or even a soldier in a government's military whose policies you disagreed with. No, you'd actually examine their principles and then make a judgment! Not here. No, here the principles no matter how dumb or misguided are taken for granted. It's like the "troops" are in the Special Olympics or something. Jesus.

Dude. How many times have you watched full metal jacket? :noway:

It is clear that your entire worldview is through HBO. Read a book. Or better yet, sign up for yourself so at least you know what the fuck you are talking about.

I enlisted after already having a BA, got a BS while I was in already had a good job before I joined up. I really don't like violence; I just see it is sometimes necessary.

Do you know any soldiers .... uh what's your name? I can tell you don't. If you want to see and hear what has happened to me, you are welcome anytime. If you just want to keep running your dick sheath, try to be more respectfull.

Calling 4,000 people who died for their country special ed is ignorant and uncalled for. I think even you know that.

I'm sorry you decided to join the "I'm-Here-To-Talk-Not_Listen" Club here at CC.com. I never said the soldiers who died were special-ed, I said I was tired of people handling you folks with kid-gloves as if you were because telling you that you're not fighting and dying for "your country" but a warped policy agenda gone wrong would hurt too bad. Grow up, hurry home and for god sakes don't cut anybody's wiener off when you get back.