Iraq

scott_harpell

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott, regardless of political views and supporting the war/occupation in Iraq, you come accross as a real confrontational asshole. I can't believe I wasted some time looking at this shit.

I think you perception and comprehension are clouded by your current recreational drug of choice.

Actually. Tell ya what Kenny. I have been pretty fucking fair about this whole shit.

I remember you meeting me in person and my memory can't recall you being this bold. Is it because I am thousands of miles away? Is it because I dared to infiltrate your Holy Liberal Shrine of self fellating diatribes?

I really lets some shit slide from some class-A assholes on this site. Want to call me a coward and that I stay on a FOB? Want to call a hero who saved his friends' lives an idiot? Only willing to give me a pat on the back if I joined before the war started?

I appreciate those that contributed thoughtfull contributions. Those that just want to berate anything other than what they sstand for (which is apparently self-indulgent nhilism with a smattering of a God complex thrown in here or there) are chickenshit.

You can only say these things within the confines of your own FOB. Hypocrites. You say you are informed and that you want to effect change in the World screaming Darfur! Darfur like a bunch of collegiant big tittied blonds fucking their political science professors.

What % of your paycheck do you send to Darfur. What percentage of your free time is dedicated to the cause? This is the real test of your convictions.

Many of you fellow posters have been very constructive; taught and learned. You, instead choose to say things in your FOB of shit that you never had the balls to say in person.

Personally attacking those who don't agree with you? Classy.

Still avoiding the greater issue?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/05/senate.iraq/index.html

Story Highlights

Report says Bush administration misused intelligence in run-up to Iraq war

Administration selectively declassified information to bolster case, report says

Panel: Public misled about contacts between Saddam Hussein, al Qaeda

White House spokeswoman calls findings old news

-That is because we know there was no connection between Saddam & 9/11 and no WMD's. So how is this occupation justified?

Hypocrites. You say you are informed and that you want to effect change in the World screaming Darfur! Darfur like a bunch of collegiant big tittied blonds fucking their political science professors.

Well, at least you aren't a misogynist. . . :rolleyes:

Scott, instead of seeking to change all our minds or clinging desperately to "old news" justifications for a failed war, step back look deep within yourself and ask: "how did I get myself here and how the fuck am I going to get out". Then seek help to process your frustrations about being lied to and ease your reintegration into society and get on with your life. We all respect your personal decisions and sacrifice for a cause you believe in. Now get up from the computer and start figuring out how to get out of this war and stay out of the next one.

Scott, regardless of political views and supporting the war/occupation in Iraq, you come accross as a real confrontational asshole. I can't believe I wasted some time looking at this shit.

Why do you say that Ken? You have piqued my curiosity.

just admit you are a troll scott. then you'll just be an asshole instead of an ignorant cunt

just admit you are a troll scott. then you'll just be an asshole instead of an ignorant cunt

projection

Troll, or not, you'll still be both, Hugh.

scott, i'm not going to reread 10 pages of spray but, since i respect anyone who serves (and my favorite little bro is currently in mosul right now - my father volunteered for vietnam, my grandpa for the big wwii), i'll say my piece quickly:

- i never supported the war (even when the bro was in the 7th cav and at the tip of the spear in '03) and refuse to be forced into doing it now just to appear patriotic (i assume you're familiar w/ herman goerring's words to the nuremberg trial on the subject of the best way to get public support for a war?)

- i'm happy that the body count for coalition forces has declined

- i won't believe we've made a difference until we've left (and stopped paying them to not kill each) and the place doesn't re-ignite

- i think we'll be paying and occupying that place for decades if we let ourselves. obama hasn't said he'll have everybody out in a year, and if that place can't take care of itself by the end of his hypothetical term then tough titty. it wont' be a waste of the guys who died - you good and goddamn well know soldiers don't give up their lives for a cause, they do it for their friends and brothers beside them, and if they come home alive, then the one cause they died for will have been fulfilled.

- i thank you for your service and citizenry - however, though a civilian, i feel like i'm doing no less than you to make our nation a strong and decent place to live.

Uhmm... why would this be a troll? Many people here know my story and I wont get into it here.

I am not ignorant; I just have a different viewpoint than you. I dont care about WMDs or Al Queda's presence in Iraq.

We cannot do anything about that; It is the past. All we can do now is the right thing. The right thing, in my opinion, is not to cut out and leave without giving 100% to stabilize the country.

I really dont understand how you feel that leaving the country 1/2 completed is really in the best interests of the Iraqi people.

I had nothing to do with the decisions or rationals to go there. All I can do is do my best to do my job and do what I can to ensure that it is done correctly and finished.

OBL said that the people of the US did not have the guts to fight a long engagement. He said that we were to decadent and cared to much about what others thought about us.

It is clear that many of you choose to validate his opinion. Some are ready to pull out prematurely, but I say lets finish this thing and ensure that we dont have to go back there.

Scott, instead of seeking to change all our minds or clinging desperately to "old news" justifications for a failed war, step back look deep within yourself and ask: "how did I get myself here and how the fuck am I going to get out". Then seek help to process your frustrations about being lied to and ease your reintegration into society and get on with your life. We all respect your personal decisions and sacrifice for a cause you believe in. Now get up from the computer and start figuring out how to get out of this war and stay out of the next one.

That is a cowards' way out. I made a commitment and I will honor it. I do not regret one thing I have done since I enlisted in the military.

OBL said that the people of the US did not have the guts to fight a long engagement. He said that we were to decadent and cared to much about what others thought about us.

It is clear that many of you choose to validate his opinion. Some are ready to pull out prematurely, but I say lets finish this thing and ensure that we dont have to go back there.

he must not have paid attention to ww2 history then (which i doubt - his manifesto's show him not be historically illiterate) - americans WILL fight a long drawn out battle if there's a strong reason to do so (pearl harbor) and a clear way to know they'll have won (taking tokyo) - this war has/had neither of those attributes

the whole "support the war or you'll make osamma laugh and the statue of liberty cry" thing is daft

I agree that the main focus should be "what do we do now" and less on "what exactly happened and who was to blame for it" (though that is important as well).

I does appear to me that hanging on the words of OBL either way you look at it is bad policy. If he double dog dares us, who cares? And why the hell haven't we found that guy yet????

interesting in that he stills does not define victory nor indicate what more could be done to attain it

he seems to assume iran couldn't be more of a problem than it is currently either

if we can't be out by the end of the next presidents term, then we never will be able to - i think we've thrown a big, thick blanket on top of the brush fire - maybe it will have been enough to smother it, but then again it might just roar right back up after winter sets upon us and we need the blanket back to warm ourselves again

december '06 was bad over there. we almost were pulled out as citicens were ready to "bring the troops home." what happened after that?

Instead of giving up, we dedicated more soldiers and did the opposite of what militants thought we would do. Since then, violence has gone down, sectarian rifts have been brought together and essential services have been roaring back to life.

Now, I have reasons to see progress in Iraq. I have yet to hear from you why we are: 1) Losing or 2) Should pull out knowing that we will be back again.