Iraq

scott_harpell

What. The. Fuck. does Darfur have to do with this discussion?

Darfur has everything to do with Scotts thinking, because we as a country are ignoring the genocide.

Scott said on 6/2/08

right... just as we did in Germany after outsing another genocidal dictator who invaded his neighbor. Just as we did in Japan. We are still there now.

Scott said on 6/3/08

True, we could have stayed out of Iraq and let them live under dictatorial rule and be victims of genocide, but I truly think that Iraq will be better for it and perhaps the entire region. History can be the only measure of this though.

So if Scott thinks that what we did was right to quash genocide, then why doesn’t he think we should stop the genocide in Darfur? I believe he will argue we should not leave Iraq and let the genocide continue in Darfur because we can’t solve all the worlds problems.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you know he hasn't questioned authority. maybe he has and found that his answers line up w/ the authorities.

Read:

GWB. When McCain is elected, I will do my job the same as I have under GWB. The only thing I can do is train myself all day everyday to be the best I can to do what my country wills me to do. Scott 6/4/08

yes, he is choosing to continue doing that based on his personal question and answer sessions. can you take a big reach and open your mind that even right wingers think about things even if they don't come up with the same answers you do.

Yes, my point exactly. He has chosen to blindly follow. That is his choice.

Yes, my point exactly. He has chosen to blindly follow. That is his choice.

:up: he chooses to blindy follow, chooses to spew his shit, then demands respect that he can't command

I have done neither. You are so transparent. You try to put words in my mouth. You constantly change the subject to divert attention to the fact that you are unable to use emotions to sway me.

I will not be assuaged because some two bit anonymous poster on a liberal climbing site calls me names.

The entirety of my actions on this post are to point out something that maybe you have overlooked and possibly open up the possiblity that finishing this out is not such a bad idea after all.

There are plenty of people that can look at other's opinions and learn while not changing their own viewpoints and ways of thinking.

It appears you are not one of them.

There are plenty of people that can look at other's opinions and learn while not changing their own viewpoints and ways of thinking.

It appears you are not one of them.

present facts. you have presented none.

I don't give a fuck about your opinion.

then perhaps your time on this thread is wasted young man.

If you joined after we took over Iraq…..you are an idiot.

Pretty tough words coming from the biggest fucking idiot on this site.

But you must admit that KB has an almost coherent point, and we should at least acknowledge that - if only for its rarity.

Is it even possible for you to have a discussion without calling people names? Just asking.

You call Harpell an idiot and then ask this question? More proof that you're nothing but a walking brain stem.

Scott…..if you are in the military I commend you, that is not an easy job. If you joined after we took over Iraq…..you are an idiot.

Why is he an idiot? If he believed that the Iraq War was important to our country, and joined the military to do his part in it, I would call this putting one's money where one's mouth is. Isn't this better than the guys who beat the war drum but aren't willing to go themselves? Who are the real idiots?

Or, are you saying that he's an idiot because he doesn't agree with you? That seems pretty presumptive. I believe the war is wrong, and that we got into it based on lies, and I suspect there is an alterior motive behind this whole thing. But I'm not so arrogant that I assume there is no possibility I am wrong!

Everybody thinks they are right. What are the odds that I'm one of the few that actually are? You've got to keep things in perspective, dude. Your brain will always tell you that you're right once you've made up your mind -- but that doesn't make it so. Don't lose your skepticism -- even if it's maintaining a healthy skepticism about your own views. That's the only way to have a chance of ever getting it right.

:yoda:

But you must admit that KB has an almost coherent point, and we should at least acknowledge that - if only for its rarity.

If it weren't mired in hypocricy? Possibly.

Is it even possible for you to have a discussion without calling people names? Just asking.

You call Harpell an idiot and then ask this question? More proof that you're nothing but a walking brain stem.

Ok....is it possible for you not to swear?

Why is he an idiot?

I am entitled to my opinion even if you don’t agree with it right? It is of my opinion that this occupation is wrong anyway you slice it. And over 4000 Americans have died and sooooooo many others have been affected mentally by this occupation and have little to no care when they return. I would think it would be IDIOTIC to knowingly sign up to go fight and possible die. And if you believe in the cause……whatever that is….then I believe you’re an idiot.

This of course is MY OPINION and I am sticking to it.