Iraq

scott_harpell

I don't have the right Kev. That is the point.

Now maybe you understand why soldiers hate flag burners so much. They give up their freedom of speech and their free thought so that others can abuse theirs.

Tell you the truth Kev, in another year, I will tell you what I think about our president.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GWB. When McCain is elected, I will do my job the same as I have under GWB. The only thing I can do is train myself all day everyday to be the best I can to do what my country wills me to do.

I cannot change policy; I wouldn't even if I were given the chance. I am a soldier and it is not my responsibility.

"their's is not to question why; their's is but to do and die."

What really chaps my hide is the way religion has been thrown into this. I have a conservative friend who states she voted for bush because she believes the Republicans have more family values. They are, for some reason better Christians than the Dems….WTF…..how did the republicans pull this off. If anything it’s the other way around. Republicans are for big business and themselves and Dems are more for the little guy.

The greatest trick the Republicans ever pulled is that they convinced the poor (anyone who makes less than $1 hundred thousand a year) that was is good for them (the millionaires) is good for you.

I cannot change policy

Yes you can. Its called VOTING!

I already addressed this Kev. Now, do you have any more enlightened information to enthrall me with about War?

I have heard all of your Bush tirades before. How about trying something different.

Ask your self this:

Are you agianst this war solely because you are either 1) against all wars in general; or 2) are you against this war because of political reasons...

think carefully whether or not you can answer yes to either of those two answers.

OK, I had misread teh title, you're right Scott. Full story from Breitbart.

Iraq at odds with US over troop presence beyond 2008

Jun 3 10:29 AM US/Eastern

The Iraqi government Tuesday said it had a "different vision" from the US over the deployment of American troops in the country beyond 2008 and vowed not to compromise national sovereignty.

Government spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh said the cabinet discussed the proposed Status of Forces Agreement which is scheduled to be concluded by next month and agreed that Iraq's national interests must be protected.

"A joint vision on this issue is yet to be achieved between the two sides, and ... the Iraqi side has a different vision, and it will not undercut or be negligent towards Iraqis' rights and sovereignty," Dabbagh said. "

I am against occupying another country that did not attack us. Did Iraq attack us? NOPE they sure did not. So why are we there? OIL/MONEY

It is not a war. It is an occupation. It is a debacle that no good can come from it. If we are at war, who is the enemy? Crazy Islamic fuckers who like to blow shit up? That has been going on since the beginning of time. Why now did we decide to do something about it? OIL.

I am against occupying another country that did not attack us. Did Iraq attack us? NOPE they sure did not. So why are we there? OIL/MONEY

It is not a war. It is an occupation. It is a debacle that no good can come from it. If we are at war, who is the enemy? Crazy Islamic fuckers who like to blow shit up? That has been going on since the beginning of time. Why now did we decide to do something about it? OIL.

The problem with people is that they try to over-simplify. We fought the Iraqi army for weeks only. After that, we are essentially protecting Iraq from outsiders. The vast, vast majority of people we have fought were from Syria, Iran, Pakistan etc. It is clearly not about oil Kev; they just started producing 2.5 mill bbls / day. Even if we got every cent of the profits which we wont, it wont even put a dent in the cost of this war. Now, the thing oil will do, is help the Iraqis to pay some of the costs of reconstruction and to help stabilize the country now that the Iraqi military and police force are feeling more comfortable on ops.

They are not ready yet though. Any attempt to claim otherwise is just bravado for the sake of their muslim bretheren. Some of their ops have gone well, but under heavy U.S. observation.

The only thing I can do is train myself all day everyday to be the best I can to do what my country wills me to do.

Wait a minute.

Are you telling me that you were the one training every day to be fastest russian climber? What has his name, Antoponov? I miss that avatar. :laf:

We fought the Iraqi army for weeks only.

Are you saying we are at war with Iraq?

It is clearly not about oil Kev;

Please take your night time blinders off. You will start to see better if you do.

Now, the thing oil will do, is help the Iraqis to pay some of the costs of reconstruction and to help stabilize the country now that the Iraqi military and police force are feeling more comfortable on ops.

Interesting. How did Iraq become deconstructed? Maybe from the US invading and occupying there country?

Scott. The reality is Bush sold us on this occupation by stating Sudam had WMD. Which we know no is false. So why are we still there? It is already become the Vietnam of the 21st century. 18 billion a month goes into this occupation. And for what? To remove Sudam? Which we put into power in the 80’s…….I call bullshit on our president. He is a criminal and needs to be tried for war crimes against humanity and spend the rest of his life behind bars……or better yet. No trial, just water boarding with no representation.

I don't have the right Kev. That is the point.

Sorry you are willing to give up your civil liberties Scott, the rest of us aren't.

When one enlists in the military its a violation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice to make disparaging or defamatory comments about ones superior officers--including the commander in chief (POTUS). While you may see it as "giving up civil liberties" others see it as something a bit more noble, like sacrificing themselves for the greater good.

Thank you for your service Scott. I may not agree with your perspective but I respect it.

Kev. You need a reading lesson. We fought Iraq for as I said "weeks."

Now, if this occupation is costing billions, how can it possibly be about the oil.

I will concede that oil had a reason as to why we went to Iraq over some other equally deserving shit hole, but it was not the sole reason. That is as stupid as saying the Civil War was about slavery; or the Revolution was about tea.

War crimes is a bit much Kev. He was given information that he says he took to be the truth. Whether or not he did or not is conjecture. You know very little how fucked up Mil. Intel. can get.

The crux of this is that regardless of WMD's ect, we still have taken out a murderous dictator; charged, tried and hung by his peers of murders, genocide, real war crimes, and a lifetime of truly sadistic actions.

What do you think the real reason we used the bombs in Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

Why did the benevolent USA sell military supplies from its ports to its allies instead of fighting in WWII for years?

World politics is a confusing bitch. At least I can admit I don't understand it. You are so bold saying that you have figured out World politics with one word.

Taking out a murderous dictator is one thing, but it should never be in the same sentence as 9/11. The real question is why did we take out this dictator? What was the purpose to doing so? Why don’t we keep on track as the world’s police and take out Chinas leader. He is a way worse shit bag. Why not take out all the other shit bag dictators in the world.

I support the troops 100% but do not support the leader of the troops. He is a pompous ass that has no business leading the free world (of course we all know he is not the true leader. Corporate America and Cheney are the true leaders). He should only be allowed to govern a small town or better yet a small church.

When was the last time "Chinas leader" used military nerve agent to kill his own people?

How would we win that war while Western Europe and Russia have such close ties with them?

You thought our coalition was lacking in International power in Iraq? Look out if you think that the rest of the World will let us take out their source of cheap labor.

True, Russia, France, Italy ect were getting oil illegally from Saddam, but this economic tie would be unimaginable to break. It would turn the World's economics on its ass.

That is why.

so what are the "lessons learned" for this conflict? if the goal to take out the dictator, a single targeted bunker buster strike would have done the job. of course there would have been turmoil following that, but one could argue that is what we have today anyway.

You know, it's funny. I've often said on here that though I disagree with them, I respect the people who are pro-war. I don't think they are evil. I think they honestly think that this is the best thing for this country/world/Iraq/etc. The same goes for the administration -- I think that at the time, ultimately, Bush thought he was doing the right thing.

But, when I have my own (anti-war) opinions, the same people who's honor I've been defending come online and call me all sorts of names, and tell me that I hate my country, and that I hate America since I don't agree with them, etc. Just because my political opinions are different than theirs?

Pretty strange, isn't it? Why have I been defending these people? My mistake.

Yeah... we can all see past your (and those like you) thin veneer saying "we support our troops" charade. It is one thing to not support a war.

It is quite another to defame someone who died to save 4 of his friends and also died to protect your right to say such filth.

I agree that it is incredibly lame to defame a soldier who sacrificed himself to save his comrades' lives. But to imply that this soldier's death had something to due with defending and protecting our constituional rights is absurd, and disregards the absolutely fucked decisions that put him in that situation.

I think an emphasis on spec ops would have been more beneficial. The main task is the rebuilding.

Certain Special units are designed to teach and to train security forces within an indiginous population. They are also able to do site surveys which point out necessities and ways to go about getting them. Ie a well.

I think having them there; being more culturally savvy would help win hearts and minds. Having the regular army there as extra security and to provide for logistics would also make a heap of sense.

These units have done great things in Iraq and out of Iraq. In Afghanistan, they worked wonders working with indiginous populations doing in a month what the Soviet Union couldn't do in years.

Yeah... we can all see past your (and those like you) thin veneer saying "we support our troops" charade. It is one thing to not support a war.

It is quite another to defame someone who died to save 4 of his friends and also died to protect your right to say such filth.

I agree that it is incredibly lame to defame a soldier who sacrificed himself to save his comrades' lives. But to imply that this soldier's death had something to due with defending and protecting our constituional rights is absurd, and disregards the absolutely fucked decisions that put him in that situation.

He took a solemn vow to put your rights over his life. That is not at all absurd.

You know, it's funny. I've often said on here that though I disagree with them, I respect the people who are pro-war. I don't think they are evil. I think they honestly think that this is the best thing for this country/world/Iraq/etc. The same goes for the administration -- I think that at the time, ultimately, Bush thought he was doing the right thing.

But, when I have my own (anti-war) opinions, the same people who's honor I've been defending come online and call me all sorts of names, and tell me that I hate my country, and that I hate America since I don't agree with them, etc. Just because my political opinions are different than theirs?

Pretty strange, isn't it? Why have I been defending these people? My mistake.

who did this? Certainly not I.