Iraq

scott_harpell

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it is just like Nam in 72 or 73. We have not defeated or killed off the "Insurgents" they are still there have not surrendered and still have their guns. JUST LIKE IN 75 THE NVA came back so will they as soon as we turn it over to "our iraqis". Same as it ever was.

Good luck Scott. I speak for all wishing you well over there. The headline today was that the Iraqis want us out in 2008. Hopefully no one will be needed over there afterwards and peace can return to those folks.

Best to you.

:wave:

Bizarre, I really saw that headline earlier, and just went to fetch it to link the story here.....I couldn't find it anywhere via google. Perhaps "We have never been at war with Oceania"?Opps, "we have always been at war with Oceania".

Edited by billcoe

just two things man. no one called any of our soldiers in iraq anything, other than what they are, brave men and women stuck in an unfortuinate situation. it shouldn't be glorified as the lose of life by them or an human being over there is simply a waste. the war is pointless, poorly concived, and based prodomantly on lies you cant try and justify our ocupation there by any means. We destroyed an entire culture, with roots far deeper than ours. we've killed 100's of thousands of people, displaced god knows how many more. and created a hotter more volitile enemy makeing america less safe and in fact less free.

and weither we leave now or in 20 yrs the situation will be the same other diference is the longer we try to hold off the inevitable, the higher the causulties to us and inicent iraqi's.

is there a good withdrawal plan, probly not, but thats what we should be working on as of late, not sending more troops into the oven.

Why do oil prices always seem to start rising soon before an election? Maybe if we could replace the fear of terrorists with the fear of $10/gal gasoline, then the voting public will remain scared enough to elect another arabophobic warlord! :moondance:

I could have sworn gas prices went down before the last house/senate election.

Scott, if you aren't just trolling, maybe you need to take a step away from shit for a bit and re-evaluate. I imagine there are probably one or two people around who have issues with soliders, per se, but I couldn't name them. I think we all have nothing but the highest regard for the men and women who serve. Plenty of lefties around these parts who understand the the need for national defense. This doesn't mean we can't fulfill our responsibilities as citizens and express our opinions about the war (pro or con) or those who sent our young men and women into harm's way. No one wishes harm on you or your comrades, regardless of whether they want you home or not. We understand that you might want to complete your mission (whatever that may be these days), but that isn't for your or your colleagues to decide, just as it wasn't your choice to be sent. God speed and come home safe.

Edited by foraker

I could have sworn gas prices went down before the last house/senate election.

I know, right! It's like they'll do anything it takes for me to convince myself that everything is about oil! :wazup:

Yeah WOOOO! We got number 3, bitches! And now we can just walk into any of the other top 5! Yeeehaaaaw!

who-has-the-oil.jpg

Good luck Scott. I speak for all wishing you well over there. The headline today was that the Iraqis want us out in 2008. Hopefully no one will be needed over there afterwards and peace can return to those folks.

Best to you.

:wave:

Bizarre, I really saw that headline earlier, and just went to fetch it to link the story here.....I couldn't find it anywhere via google. Perhaps "We have never been at war with Oceania"?Opps, "we have always been at war with Oceania".

We will be there for a long time. Some of us.

This poor kid gets the "Dumb shit of the week award"

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/International/story?id=4981945&page=1

Yeah... we can all see past your (and those like you) thin veneer saying "we support our troops" charade. It is one thing to not support a war.

It is quite another to defame someone who died to save 4 of his friends and also died to protect your right to say such filth.

Scott, if you aren't just trolling, maybe you need to take a step away from shit for a bit and re-evaluate. I imagine there are probably one or two people around who have issues with soliders, per se, but I couldn't name them. I think we all have nothing but the highest regard for the men and women who serve. Plenty of lefties around these parts who understand the the need for national defense. This doesn't mean we can't fulfill our responsibilities as citizens and express our opinions about the war (pro or con) or those who sent our young men and women into harm's way. No one wishes harm on you or your comrades, regardless of whether they want you home or not. We understand that you might want to complete your mission (whatever that may be these days), but that isn't for your or your colleagues to decide, just as it wasn't your choice to be sent. God speed and come home safe.

The converse is also true; it is not for armchair quarterbacks to decry the actions of service men. Any of you who think you know the dynamics over there are sorely mistaken. No matter how much you read or how much you research, there is only one way to find out what is going on there.

This is not Vietnam nor is it WWII; this is a very complicated war with varying levels of combatants and sentiments.

There IS real progress and the fact that the Iraquis think they are ready to take the reigns is a good sign.

True, we could have stayed out of Iraq and let them live under dictatorial rule and be victims of genocide, but I truly think that Iraq will be better for it and perhaps the entire region. History can be the only measure of this though.

I don't care why we went or who benefeited. These are questions above my pay grade, but I do believe we are doing good things that will leave Iraq better than we found it. It was a great cost to them as well as us, but long term I sincerely believe that they will be better off.

It is not my place to say what I think of the President.

I so disagree with you on this. You, me, us….we all have a place to call out our president’s bullshit. I hate the mfer…..but he is our president (even if he is the first president to be appointed). You have every right to hold him accountable for his actions. At least for now you still have the right to say what you will about anyone.

Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11. Iraq does not have WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION.

Taking out Sudam Hussein is one thing. But please do not infer that taking him out had or does have anything to do with 9/11 or out countries well being.