Looking for Rainier partners June 18th-20th

jpark42

I am planning on doing the Kautz glacier route Rainier in mid-june to brush up on my glacier and ice climbing skills before I go to Peru and I am looking for partners. A little about me: I have experience with glacier travel and steep snow and ice climbing, up to 60-70degrees. I don't want to babysit anyone so if you respond please have a working knowledge of glacier travel. If you are interested shoot me an e-mail

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually planning to do the same route June 21rst or so but my partner ditched. I am moderately experienced I did some climbing in ecuador and Peru last year. I live in Arizona and if I can find a way to get there without completely destroying myself financially I am definitely interested.

I would also be very interested in working the route that weekend. Located in Portland, have strong glacier travel skills, spent a month mountaineering in Alaska last summer. I can definitely meet at the mountain Thursday night (climb Friday-Sunday) but can't take off earlier in the week. Millertime, if we can't hit the window during the week, fly in to Portland and we can drive up together.

I'd be stoked to do the route as well. I'm located in Portland. Have climbed in the cascades, several trips to canada and a month in the alps last year but havn't done rainier yet. I could leave anytime after 12:30 on wednesday and would like to be back sunday.

awesome I am definitely interested im looking into plane tickets and logistics for it all. What date do you think i should fly into portland if so? I have done a few climbs in ecuador and peru but I would say I am moderately experienced. I have yet to climb in the NW but I've been trying to get up there and climb for a while. I'm 23 and in great shape (i've been preparing to climb rainier that week for some time). My partner, unfortunately, was the one with the tent so i don't have that but I've got everything else as far as group gear if we need it. Are you ok with leading? What kind of experience do you have?