Huge fall at Smith

kevbone

This thread went down hill the moment G spotter and Rain showed up. I had no idea it would get changed to spray. I was simply telling a story. Alex (the climber) was not being sketchy by any stretch. That is why I stated his name. He was being bold (which is what is needed to climb rated R climbs). Too bad it turned into an argument about what is huge? Who cares?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not going to read 6 pages of spray, but that fall is pretty common - the .11 crux hits at the bolt, but many get pumped out trying to get funky gear in below the bolt with hard, insecure climbing.

It's a clean fall and not Huge.

Carry on, Erik

...Alex (the climber) was not being sketchy by any stretch. That is why I stated his name. He was being bold (which is what is needed to climb rated R climbs)...

You're talking out of your ass, 'bone. To wit (from the OP, with emphasis to show when your ass is speaking):

...You could tell he was nervous climbing past this nut. He started crying out that he wanted more gear. So he threw in a micro cam right next to the nut. Alex started climbing again but was obvious he was getting thrashed pretty quickly. He was about 4 feet from a bolt and now his feet were a good 4 – 6 feet above his gear and he was freaking out.

It would seem to me by your choice of phrasing, you are indicating pretty clearly that he was sketching. For you to now back up and attempt to cover your ass after you outed Alex in your OP as being sketched is indeed LAME. :tdown: :tdown:

It's a clean fall and not Huge.

Yeah, what he said.

Edited by sobo

PS Philip…….please do not talk to me about online spraying. You are right on my heals. Your battle ground is Smithrock.com, mine is elsewhere.

When you start climbing gear…….we will talk again…..until then you are just another sporto chasing numbers….

Philip Scoles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

ha, its funny because you think you know me.

Lets all guess together, so your battle ground is cascade climbers?

I enjoy for others using my name as a refrence to all young climbers presented as spraylords and stealing first assents, great eh.("cascadeclimbers" / Ozone).

Enjoy

OMG little bone, cascadeclimbers.com is your BATTLE GROUND?

Is that what you call it when you and pink rub your dicks together?

Have to laugh at the reference. Wasn't that Phillips pictures sprayed all over Climbing Magazine with Pat McCarthy climbing some of the pure cracks of Trout Creek 2 issues or so ago?

Bolt clipper? Don't think so, doze boyz climb cracks too.

BTW, Phillip, I bought a Thailand guidebook and want to return yours, thanks for the loan buddy, I think I only stuck a few pages together:-0 (kidding about that part).

PS Philip…….please do not talk to me about online spraying. You are right on my heals. Your battle ground is Smithrock.com, mine is elsewhere.

When you start climbing gear…….we will talk again…..until then you are just another sporto chasing numbers….

Philip Scoles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

ha, its funny because you think you know me.

Lets all guess together, so your battle ground is cascade climbers?

I enjoy for others using my name as a refrence to all young climbers presented as spraylords and stealing first assents, great eh.("cascadeclimbers" / Ozone).

Enjoy

OMG little bone, cascadeclimbers.com is your BATTLE GROUND?

Is that what you call it when you and pink rub your dicks together?

g-spotter = mediocre climber who hangs out with baddo climbers so therefore is a

baddass climber. shouldn't you be out studying for finals or something?

According to the numbers here, I have never taken a big fall.

According to my own memory, any fall that I have enough time to think, "Shit, how much longer am I going to fall before my gear catches me?" or "That last piece wasn't very good, but I know the second piece is going to hold. I think" is a big fucking fall to me.

i think even better than a fall, which can happen suddenly and without warning, is freaking out mentally and starting the shake and all that fun stuff associated with a mental melt down while climbing. now that is fun....and when you can combine it with fall, its even better.

g-spotter = mediocre climber who hangs out with baddo climbers so therefore is a

baddass climber. shouldn't you be out studying for finals or something?

i'm majoring in Life. you should try it.

that's great, i see you have a minor in DORK. perhaps another 70 thousand post on 6 different websites will make my life more complete.