Huge fall at Smith

kevbone

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF would a person carpet bomb multiple boards with the same dumb story? What other boards has this same dumb story appeared on? What type of deep psychological injury does one need to have in order to not only do this, but to feel that bolts must be placed three feet apart to prevent ten foot (The horror...the horror...) falls?

but to feel that bolts must be placed three feet apart to prevent ten foot (The horror...the horror...) falls?

Did I miss something……..did someone on this thread mention placing bolts three feet apart? Or are you just making that up?

WTF would a person carpet bomb multiple boards with the same dumb story? What other boards has this same dumb story appeared on? What type of deep psychological injury does one need to have in order to not only do this, but to feel that bolts must be placed three feet apart to prevent ten foot (The horror...the horror...) falls?

Seriously. Wow, I went over there and looked and he's an even bigger jackass there than he is here.

If he wasn't such a jackoff his post could have led to something worthwhile like "hey, watch when you're placing gear in volcanic tuff, it might not be as solid as you think." Instead it is 7 pages of bickering nitwits arguing about what the word "huge" means. Way to go everybody.

This thread needs to be burned to the ground.

hey counterfeitfake,

early on (page 2? 3?) i did mention watching some gear and chunks of rock explode from whartley's revenge after a leader fall, and how i've tried to avoid scenarios where i could take big falls on gear placed on smith tuff - but consensus was that it's more fun to bag on kevbone than gripe about smith tuff. and it probably is.

but to feel that bolts must be placed three feet apart to prevent ten foot (The horror...the horror...) falls?

Did I miss something……..did someone on this thread mention placing bolts three feet apart? Or are you just making that up?

Q: What's better than winning a gold medal at the Special Olympics?

A: Not being kevbone.

Sobo....reread the original post. I do believe it covers your question.

I do not need to reread the OP. I have excellent reading comprehension skilz. And your OP does not cover my question. Please see below (with grammatical correction):

...He had led it and most of his crew had top roped it and cleaned all the gear. Then he grabbed his rack and top roped up to the anchor which was two quick draws on two bolts. He (passed) pasted (sic)the anchor and started leading up the 5.11a next pitch.

So my original question remains unanswered. Alex leads the first pitch, then apparently lowers off after setting it up for toproping. His friends TR it, and clean all the gear. At this point, we have the first pitch cleaned of all gear and a TR situation set up. Alex then takes a rack, TRs back up to the first pitch anchor, and then continues to lead, moving into the second pitch. The question remains: Why does he link the two pitches into one? As I stated, it's been over 15 years since I led this climb, and I don't recall the pitch lengths, but is it even possible to link these two into one, and if not, what was he thinking by doing so? Please answer that.

Maybe the anchors aren't where I remember, but I recall a 5.11a pitch that wasn't more than 100 feet, maybe with 1 bolt lower on the route? Seems like #5 RP's fit well.

The following is an adequate explanation for Kevbone's perception of "huge", which is likely common among sport climbers.

……I think anything over 10 feet is a big fall…..mostly because I hate falling and am wimp. So using my standard of big…..28 feet would be huge.

ya. This kid just took a300m fall off alpamayo. Unroped dick. Ok he lived.

Pfft: Thats nothing, for snow, I hear Ivan routinely gets that kind of air and does it locally. AND I heard he can do a 1/2 gainer with a pike (no squeeling or pants pissing either) before touchdown as well. :lmao:

judge_sm.jpg

blah blah blah blah. i fell off my horse last week and bruised my ass. big fucking deal. i musta slid a couple hundred feet last time i went skiing.

the real lame thing about this was that kevbone felt the need to point out the guy's name and how sketched he was. LAME