Huge fall at Smith

kevbone

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I will weigh in……since I started this debacle……I think anything over 10 feet is a big fall…..mostly because I hate falling and am wimp. So using my standard of big…..28 feet would be huge.

This of course is my standard…..others may have other opinions.

a one person "standard"....now i've heard everything...guess i'll go paste some more anchors up to keep the falls to a "standard"...:lmao:

Hmmmm lets think about this for a moment…..”A one person standard” is what you wrote. Well, last time I looked I am one person. There for, my standard is my own. No yours or anyone else’s….just my own.

OK I will weigh in……since I started this debacle……I think anything over 10 feet is a big fall…..mostly because I hate falling and am wimp. So using my standard of big…..28 feet would be huge.

Round and round and round we go again... :rolleyes:

2450342901_34c08d087b.jpg

kevbone (pictured above) engaging is his favorite pasttime.

Check out the response to his same "HUGE FALL" thread on Smithrock.com. Now that's a huge fall. Shown up in the first response.

Ruining a thread? Looking who's calling the kettle black. A ten foot fall is a big fall? That's 5 ft above a bolt/gear, grow some balls.

JL

Check out the response to his same "HUGE FALL" thread on Smithrock.com. Now that's a huge fall. Shown up in the first response.

Ruining a thread? Looking who's calling the kettle black. A ten foot fall is a big fall? That's 5 ft above a bolt/gear, grow some balls.

JL

last year I saw a guy climbing the same one. He was about the same area and he took a fall. I believe it was his girlfriend that was belaying him. He took a fall and she grabbed the wrong part of the rope. He had time to turn around and yell at her twice to grap the other side as he was falling. Finally the rope got tangled up and stopped his fall not too far from the ground. Freaked me out. She burnt her hands pretty good too. I had a newby with me that day and she decided climbing wasn't for her.

I would have to agree with jlag's assessment. Even if it ain't colossal or ginormous or substantial, it is at the very least scary, and almost certainly epic. :grin:

JL

And I get shit for calling out the ego in climbing.

Telling me to grow balls because I think 10 feet is a big fall……..your comment above shows your true ego…..otherwise….if you had no ego about it….why would you care what I thought was big or not?

sobo, ya know i luv ya, but quit stealing my words. i have previously claimed ginormous and epic for fall descriptions. you may not use these w/o my prior express written consent. thankyouverymuchforobservingthenicetiesofcccom

minx, ya know I luv ya too. It was in the spirit of the greatest flattery that I chose my words so carefully. By those words, and the other adjectives employed, I was bringing kudos and laurels upon you, billcoe, and yours truly.