mid/late June-Winds or Tetons

I'm heading to Jackson for a wedding and then have a 3-4 days in Jackson to climb. My goal is to climb a peak or two with my gf. I heard there was reasonable snowpack this year and that it's likely that the Grand (Upper Exum is our choice route) will have too much snow on it to climb easily. (Don't want to force any mixed terrain).

Alternatively, a quick trip into the Winds (Cirque of the Towers) for a route or two also seems possible, but I've never been in there and not sure if snowpack is typically less/more/same as Tetons.

Any thoughts/advice would be most appreciated.

Edited by wbk

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When are you going? I know Jackson had a big snow year. My guess is that there is probably even more snow in the cirque. Your approach might even be longer down there than normal. If I were you I'd call the Jenny Lake ranger station just before going and see what they say about the upper exum. They have the most up to date conditions from people who have actually been on the mountain and are extremely helpful. You could try some lower elevation stuff like Symmetry Spire as well.