Pub Club TR

Beck

The first meeting of the CC "we're drinking now" Pub Club was attended by exactly two of us- My buddy Mike U. and myself- we both rode our bikes, him from Bellevue and me from downtown Seattle.

We took the corner table on the deck and enjoyed a cool breeze wafting over the trees from Lake Washington. Pitchers of Alaskan Amber quenched our thirsts. Very attractive housewives flug their chests about the deck like status symbols, and we enjoyed the show.

We drank, laughed, shared photos, ogled the ladies, intimidated the locals, swaggered, swore, chowed down and left, all without spotting a single other climber type.

It took me less than twenty five minutes to bike from downtown Seattle to MI, I'm really suprised no one else in the area came down.

it makes me wonder if I show up at the Parkland on Tuesday, do I need to bring someone else, so I'm not drinking alone?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 years later...
I still have fond memories of the last time Beck attended a Pub Club. It was at the Ballard Alehouse. He got so drunk that when he got on his bike to ride home, he crashed before he even got across the street. A couple of us went out and helped pick him up and send him on his way. grin.gif

It was Greg and I who picked him up and took him home. You stood on the corner and did nothing. Nice try though, homie.