Kids Ropeup

olyclimber

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

porter please pm me if you are coming friday. Rmncwrtr I have PM you w details. The kids do end up with a smore each when others are doing them. Do what you normaly do being difrent is good for them. Any one on the fence please make your plans known if you want a site.

I will be going with Simone, that will be 2 of us in total. Just a Saturday overnight will be fine for us. Most likely she will not climb, I just want her to see other kids climbing and just go play. She is only two years old, but definitely has already shown an interest in climbing.

Can someone send directions to the camp site, I am not familar with one suggested? Porter if you go on Saturday maybe we can carpool up there? If there is any thing we need to bring let us know.

I'm so glad you're coming Ken! My two daughters, ages 10 and 5, love little ones! Simone will get lots of attention. And you never know, she might want to put on a harness and give it a go when she sees all the other kids climbing! If you check out the First Ascent site you'll see a pic of a two year old who just climbed! It looks as if she's wearing her bike helmet so you might want to bring Simone's if she has one just in case!

I have taken a friends 2.5 year old climbing once at a gym, so I know that potential is there. I just only want her to try it when she wants, so we will see. She definitely is a little monkey already, she hanging off of tables and climbs the bars on the windows at our old house in Rwanda, so it probably a matter of time going from monkey to climber. Simone likes following the bigs kids around, so there is a chance. See you all there.

I went to the camp and to check out the climbing this weekend. Everything looks good. The camp has a nice pool and a very large grass play area. There are wood rounds to play agility games on and they alos have shuffle bord, mini golf, frizby golf, a tennis court and hourse shoes. The camp has all the gare for these games. I had the kids do a few climbs and they played with other kids around the climbing area. This should be a lot of fun if any one is holding out please join us! PM me if yu want a camp spot with us.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like rain this week in Leavenworth with sun Fri, Sat and Sun. Excellent conditions in my book. If there are any last min. hold outs there is still a place at the camp. If any one wants to come but lacks gear for their kids I have some shoes and harness to share. See you there.

great time! thanks for Peter for the facilities, and for Melissa for organizing. it was very nice to meet both of you and your family that you brought!

Kens off to foriegn lands again, so it was really awesome to spend some time with him and Simone. some pictures to follow.

also, special thanks to Micheal Phelps. Without you Micheal (and your elongated torso), the world would stop spinning.

Great time! So nice to put more names with faces. And it was great that Pax, Britta and Woody could swing by, too. Thanks to everyone and especially to Peter for going above and beyond with so much the entire weekend! All of us had a blast and are looking forward to next year already.

It was definitely a cc.com kind of weekend up there, too. I bumped into PDXers Geoff and Kyle in the Leavenworth Safeway and Jason Martin (AAI guide who's blog I read) who was up top and helped me with an anchor when the kids wanted to try a different climb.

Here are some photos from the weekend. It'll probably take a couple posts to fit them all in.

KRU_7109.jpg

KRU_7119.jpg

kru_7125.jpg

KRU_7128.jpg

KRU_7136.jpg

KRU_7147.jpg

kru_7154.jpg

Hey Everyone, thanks a lot for everthing, Simone and I had a great time. Thanks for the photos, Simoneenjoyed them too. I was glad to meet you and hopefully Simone and I can make it again sometime in the future. As mentioned it is off to other foriegn lands tomorrow morning, Bangladesh. See you all next time we are back in the country.

Cheers.