Kids Ropeup

olyclimber

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH

i'd love to go up to squamish, but what is the group camp situation up there?

more over, i'd like to have an adult ropeup like event up at squamish..just don't know the availability of camping.

anyway, any one of you CAN step up and get us a group camp somewhere up by leavenworth i can pay for the campsite as i mentioned before.

The Squamish Municipal(also called the Kinsman) campground--next to the Brennan Rec centre--seems like it would be ideal for the kiddies...it is right next to the swimming pool, skateboard park, and BMX park and playfields. Oh, and it's close to the climbing. Toprope's galore at the Smoke Bluffs.

Not sure what the reservation process would be for a group, but I see groups camping there all the time. Also has a picnic shelter and the sites have fire pits for late night weenie roasts.

maybe we can take all the kids up DH/lovin arms.

but seriously, anyone have issue with taking your kids out of the country...like custody type situations? i don't know about such thing, never had to deal with that type of thing.

i would be down for squamish...how many can make it on THAT weekend up there.

we'll be in bend....

lets do

SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX SMIFF ROX

It depends on what kids are along but in the past, most kids were not into climbing all day. They liked the activity and all but most tended to be a little difficult to pry away from the social scene. The point is, finding a really cool climbing place is for the adults. The kids are there for the hot chocolate and smores. I know Rudy's kids are really good climbers. Mine are OK and do it as a side note. So you might want to figure out who is going and what the real goal is before you plan a long drive.

I am not going so my opinion is just fyi. I am just putting my observations from past kids ropeups out there.

How far is Squamish from PDX? Drive time wise, that is.

As for what Bug posted and kids are up for, mine (ages 10, 8, 5) have only climbed at Smith. They've been three times and are good for around four hours of climbing time (with playing, exploring and snacking when not tied in) then they're ready to call it a day.

levenworth aug 23rd is my vote. Cheeper to get to by 50$ for me. I have a membership at Thousand trails and they have a preserve a few miles form the canyon out side of levenworth. I can book a spot and others can join me for a fee. I will find out the cost. I like the idea of barnies bolder because we can set up a bunch of climbs and then let the kids climb as they wish and maby the adults as well. My kids 3 5 and 11 climb a little run and play a lot and then climb some more. They climb better when there are other kids around to challange them. They also like to play with other kids. I have never been to squamish but I will come if that s the choice. I will be leaving fridy night from Bellevue and will tow a small trailer. Ican help to carry gear if any one needs it. I have a large camp stove a griddle dutch ovens and a 10 x 10 easy up. Do we want to plan camp items so every one has to bring less? Do we want to do a pot luck or plan a meal or 2?

Edited by Peter_SS

the details for thousand trails are. I can have 2 familys (7 more persons) in my site for a charge of 5$ per car per night. I can reserve a second camp site (3 tents 10 persons max) for $35 per night including 1 car $5 per aditional car per night. If there is more intrest I can ask for more sites at the same fees. The place is nice. there is a pool and play ground family center w tv etc. They have a web page if you wnat to check it out. There is always the "Free spot" in the canyon.

aug 23rd thousandtrails I will reserve two spaces. There are my 5, Porters crew (Porter please send me a number of persons in your crew), and rmncwrtr's 5. I will cover the cost and I thnk we should divy up the cost by number of heads. Please any one else speek up so I can ask for more spaces early. Any one want to share meals?

we 5 are vegitarians and stick to whole wheet and honey/ non sugar items. Yes the kids complain from time to time. I will bring a large camp stove, gridle and 3 qt dutch oven. easy camp favs are slpoy joes, spagiti ( we could each do our own sauce) hobo stew. I vote for hobo stew sat night. every one bring what you like and enough to share and we can make stew in the fire. Does any one have games they want to bring?

We are coming up from PDX so being able to pitch our tent and stay Friday night would be great.

So does the no sugar mean no s'mores for your kids? That's a camping fave/tradition here and would be expected by my three. Would yours feel left out not getting any?