Kids Ropeup

olyclimber

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to figure out the best time of year to have it first. Factors are finding a place we can reserve, chances of good weather, and when the most can make it. We have had some fun ones...mostly I just need help coordinating it and making sure we have all the resources (belayers, equipment, food and drink, all the basics for a good time with the kids). I think somewhere up by Leavenworth is the obvious choice given the proximity of tons of good easy TRing opportunities.

CC.com can pay for the campground fee, and other costs depending on what they are.

If people start kicking around possible dates and locations for the next two weeks (pros/cons) so we can come to a consensus then I can do some organizing/leg work after June 16th. I've got a project due then and can't add anything else on my plate until it gets turned in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It has been in Leavenworth in the past, what about other places? Smith Rocks, but in July/August it might be a little to warm. Squamish would be cool, there is camping and easy climbs for the young ones and good weather. Mt. Erie, but I have never been climbing there so I don't know if there is good section of rock for kids there and don't know what the camping situation is like there.

SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH SQUAMISH

My vote is for levenworth however I will try to attend with my brood at eather leven worth or squamish. Mt erie is nice and prety but where I have climed is not as safe on the ledge as levenworth and I like how even a medium size group can take over barny and bruce. The parking is good and the shaded area at barnys rubble (I remember) would be a good rest and cooking area and the group camp is just down the road. As for gear I have a 10 x 10 easy up and a big 3 burner propane camp stove with griddle I could bring

Peter

AUG 23 in levenworth sounds good to me. My advice is to have somone at bruce bolder and b rubble very early to lay clame to them. Featherd friends does a rock event there and they may be able to tell how to reserve the areas. The groups I wnet with took them by force by arriving very early and setting up ropes. I will know later if I can help w this. The forest service has a group spot down the road and that could be reserved as well.

Call the Leavenworth Ranger Station today to reserve a group site. 1-509-548-6977

They are not open as much as you might think.

In the past we had to go up to Chatter Creek but that is not accessible due to the wash out.

Another time we used the Nason creek site on the Yakima river.

Have fun!

I called the ranger station and they referred me to recreation.gov (1-877-444-6777) and the group sites for Bridge Creek and Eight Mile are booked for the weekend of the 23rd. Those were the two the ranger recommended to me for families. I don't know the names of the other campgrounds.