Oregon Partner Wanted 6/8 - 6/11

Kfoxpnw

Heading to Northern Oregon for a wedding on 6/14. Would love to get a few days of climbing in on the way.

Thinking:

Smith - might be too hot but I'm fine to rise early or chase shade. I've climbed here a little bit.

Callahans - Never been but always wanted to go. Might be good if smith is smoking

Mt hood Crags - Have not explored here much and don't know if it may be snow

Anywhere else?- I don't want to drive up into Washington due to time and gas issues.

I'm pretty out of shape form a winter in so cal mostly spent surfing, or working a ton, but I've got a lot of experience and I'm very safe and reliable. Prefer to place gear but as long as I'm on the rock I'm having fun. Will probably be leading in the .9 range but follow up to .11a?

I'm happy to climb with someone who climbs hard and swap belays. Also willing to go with someone with less experience or who wants to learn.

Let me know if you're interested. I'll get back to you.

kfoxwnc (at) yahoo

-Kevin

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wedding is in Hood River (actually trout lake). After living in the northwest for 3 years I've moved to Santa Barbara Ca. I'm really excited to get back up north and would love to get some climbing in while I'm there.

-Kfox

Edited by Kfoxpnw

Hey, I might be driving down from Seattle to Bend this weekend to visit a friend, and I'd feel terrible if I didn't take the chance to climb at Smith. Smith on the 8th would work for me. It's been a long winter here in the NW, so I don't think it'll be too hot at all there this weekend. I've only been to Smith once before, so I'm up for anything there - sport, trad, whatever. This has been a shitty winter for me - injuries, pneumonia, etc, so I'm still feeling a little weak, but I'm definitely up for some .10's. My plans aren't totally solidified yet, but yeah, Sunday at Smith sounds interesting to me!

I ended hooking up with a friend to do some climbing in the Sierra in the aforementioned time frame. I will, however, be looking for partners the following week 16th - 22nd if anyone else is interested. Would still LOVE to hit smith.