• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Busey or Hitler?

Link

by Debbie Schlussel

"February 02, 2006

Boycott Gary Busey: Washed-up Actor Plays Evil Jew in Turkish Blood Libel Film

Thanks Gary Busey! (And Billy Zane, too.)

The whacked out former star of failed, dumb reality show "I'm with Busey" repeats the age-old anti-Semitic blood libel, that Jews steal others' organs, blood, etc. for some ill purpose--in this case, by playing an evil Jewish doctor. We have a suggestion for all Jewish-American doctors: Since Gary Busey defamed you, refuse him as a patient."

It goes on....

Busey or Hitler?

Link

by Debbie Schlussel

"February 02, 2006

Boycott Gary Busey: Washed-up Actor Plays Evil Jew in Turkish Blood Libel Film

Thanks Gary Busey! (And Billy Zane, too.)

The whacked out former star of failed, dumb reality show "I'm with Busey" repeats the age-old anti-Semitic blood libel, that Jews steal others' organs, blood, etc. for some ill purpose--in this case, by playing an evil Jewish doctor. We have a suggestion for all Jewish-American doctors: Since Gary Busey defamed you, refuse him as a patient."

It goes on....

Not my first choice for a movie role, but I found the comments of one of the responders on the link you posted quite sensible:

"So has anyone here seen American History X? Or Schindler's List? Both fine films, both featuring characters that are clearly anti-semitic, and in the case of American History X, one of those characters is played by Edward Norton, one of the finest actors in the last 50 years. Is he, (or the film) racist or anti-semitic for portraying those themes in a film? Of course not, because we are talking about art, and art is not always pretty. Not every movie can be the Sound Of Music. Sometimes you need an Apocalypse Now."

Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes are both stellar actors yet played Nazis in Schindler's List. They are anti-semites as a result? Gary Busey is an actor, and a brain-damaged one at that, but incredibly articulate and insightful at times, perhaps as a result.

gary-busey.jpg

By the way....you probably rolled on the floor laughing as you enjoyed watching Hogan's Heroes probably growing up about the same time I did....Here's some enlightenment courtesy of Wikipedia:

"Some of the actors, including Werner Klemperer (Klink), John Banner (Schultz), Robert Clary (LeBeau), and Leon Askin (Burkhalter), were Jews who had fled the Nazis during World War II."

Get it???? They're actors!

Liam Neeson and Edward Norton played racist characters who underwent redemption and transcendence in the course of their respective films. Would you say the message of those movies is anti-semitic? Sure, Gary Busey is an actor, and the beliefs of the characters he plays do not necessarily reflect his personal feelings, but to sign on for a project like this:

"In a new Turkish movie, "Kurtlar Vadisi - Irak" ("Valley of the Wolves--Iraq") U.S. soldiers are portrayed as brutal murderers who "kill dozens of innocent people with random machine gun fire, shoot the groom in the head, and drag those left alive to Abu Ghraib prison - where a Jewish doctor cuts out their organs, which he sells to rich people in New York, London and Tel Aviv," according to AP. Gary Busey plays the Jewish-American doctor."

where in fact the very purpose is to demonstrate how demonic and evil Jews and Americans are, is a questionable choice at best.

I think Bill's point is how curious for you, who take umbrage at any disparagement of your religious tradition, would embrace the fuzzy spiritual ramblings of an actor who has no problems taking money to spread a blatantly anti-semitic message.

Yeah, what OW says. I have a lot of respect for Debbie Schlussel, and appreciate alternative views like hers often are: but admit I haven't looked into any of this or seen the film in question. I will say though, that I enjoyed the video link and interesting Busey discourse Dawg.

Thanks

Liam Neeson and Edward Norton played racist characters who underwent redemption and transcendence in the course of their respective films. Would you say the message of those movies is anti-semitic? Sure, Gary Busey is an actor, and the beliefs of the characters he plays do not necessarily reflect his personal feelings, but to sign on for a project like this:

"In a new Turkish movie, "Kurtlar Vadisi - Irak" ("Valley of the Wolves--Iraq") U.S. soldiers are portrayed as brutal murderers who "kill dozens of innocent people with random machine gun fire, shoot the groom in the head, and drag those left alive to Abu Ghraib prison - where a Jewish doctor cuts out their organs, which he sells to rich people in New York, London and Tel Aviv," according to AP. Gary Busey plays the Jewish-American doctor."

where in fact the very purpose is to demonstrate how demonic and evil Jews and Americans are, is a questionable choice at best.

I think Bill's point is how curious for you, who take umbrage at any disparagement of your religious tradition, would embrace the fuzzy spiritual ramblings of an actor who has no problems taking money to spread a blatantly anti-semitic message.

LOOK! ITS THOUGHT CRIME! BURN BUSEY! BURN BUSEY!

"Has anyone here seen American History X? Or Schindler's List? Both fine films, both featuring characters that are clearly anti-semitic, and in the case of American History X, one of those characters is played by Edward Norton, one of the finest actors in the last 50 years.

:lmao:

Does Busey's wife in the film lay eggs?

Borat.jpg