[TR] Colonial / Snowfield / Paul Bunyan / Pyramid Peaks - Dog routes except the North slope on Snowfield 5/24/2008

Animal

Trip: Colonial / Snowfield / Paul Bunyan / Pyramid Peaks - Dog routes except the North slope on Snowfield

Date: 5/24/2008

Trip Report:

Well this last weekend a group is us from the Kitsap and Olympic peninsula climbed some peaks on the Colonial and Snowfield group. John, George, Tony, Terry and myself all made it up Snowfield Peak. George Terry and myself then climbed Colonial Peak while John and Tony went to climb Paul Bunyan's Stump. It rained a little forcing the stump group to stop and retry the route after the rock dried. they were pretty much climbing until dark but they had a good time. The time on top of Colonial was awesome. In additions John and I climbed Pyramid Peak. Basically the Memorial Day weekend was awesome. We saw one skier who was turning back on an attempt to ski to Cascade Pass area otherwise we had it all to ourselves. Each register we signed indicated that were were the first people to sigh the register for this year which was kind of cool but. Anyhow here are some random pictures from the weekend!

Sunrise

IMG_2309a.jpg

Our camp for two nights

IMG_2318a.jpg

The boys on a the pass between Neve and Colonial galciers

IMG_2325a.jpg

All of us going to the North snow route of Snowfield

IMG_2336a.jpg

IMG_2346a.jpg

John rapping down Snowfield

IMG_2366a.jpg

Gear Notes: