• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
dberdinka

Chehalis Range BC - Chehalis Lake Slide

Poking around the internet I came across some info regarding the landslide that hit Chehalis Lake and took out the Chehalis River Road in the process. 500,000 cubic meters of debris and a 50' tall tsunami! Cool stuff.

Doesn't look like that's going to get repaired anytime soon so bad access just got worse. The road and slide are currently closed for public safety. I couldn't figure out where but I'm guessing it's no where near the slide. Doesn't look like I'll be getting to Grainger this summer.....

List of Pics

Following Link to Good Photos..they are ~3 MB

Picture of Slide

Tsunami Damage

Slide from Above

Edited by dberdinka

I thought there was another way in, although I would have to look at the map book, is it via mystery creek?

Drew would know

This does not affect Chehalis Access as far as I can tell. That road was already washed out with no plans for it to be fixed. The way in now is via Mystery Creek with doesn't go near the lake. The Mystery Creek way was nice and smooth last year, you could do it a normal 2wd car with low clearance.

Sweet. So if you take that left where do you eventually end up???

LMAO, how many times have I gotten down some logging road thinking shit why the hell didnt I ask where left takes me..

good one, have fun on Grainger a very nice peak!

The North Face of Ratney is accessible via Lower Statlu Lake, so, yes, access is good. I have no idea on StoneRabbit.

With some more searching I discovered that both the Chehalis Lake approach and the Mystery Creek approach are currently closed to protect the public from falling rocks and stuff. No info on when they might open it back up.

Pulled this off a 4X4 site

just delivered a brand new shiny yellow gate to the bridge at Skwelepil bridge..

KM14 to be exact..so it will be gated at the bridge soon just to let everyone know

Maybe Drew can elaborate on that for you or MCash can

or here is a number you may be able to call,

CHEHALIS-MYSTERY Industrial Use Forest Service Road - Teal Cedar Products 604-869-9965

Seasonally deactivated. Four-wheel drive access only

Cheers

Any update on potential openings for Mystery Creek Road? Dberdinka, where do you look to find info on road status?