Obama....just another Chicago Politician

Peter_Puget

Hey, as long as the domocrates are frustrated I am happy! :battlecage:

At least the truth comes out.

I have never hidden from the truth about my political ideas.

I am a FAR right republican. I am so far right, I might be miss understood as an extremely left hippy.

Yeah, so much so that you don't care what's happening, as long as it makes the democrats frustrated.

You're as bad as the dems who want the war to fail so that GW looks bad.

Thankfully, I know you don't represent most republicans, since most republicans aren't cockasses like yourself. :wave:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From your perspective, what's the problem with $4/gallon gas, and what would you like the government to do to reduce the price?

I think we will adjust to $4 gas if only it would stay that low. It is anticipated to rise.

Bush's support of "exporting" jobs to third world countries has contributed to their increase in oil consumption. Does this sound a bit selfish? maybe, but we do have to look out for number one.

It has been debated that rising investing in oil has caused artificial increases in cost, just like with the dot com industry years ago and the housing market not so long ago.

Bush's involvement in an unpopular middle east war has not set well with other arab leaders and OPEC.

THere are lots of reasons for increased oil prices, and a responsive government could in fact help lower those costs.

Yes, I think $4 gas is great. I would prefer to see 8 or 9 dollar gas.

It will grow our economy in new ways.

We will get creative on how to use gas.

We will develop new technologies for transportation.

Clean, better, more efficient. None of this will happen until AFTER the market place demands it.

Hey, as long as the domocrates are frustrated I am happy! :battlecage:

At least the truth comes out.

Fuck the race. Climb. Then when the weather starts sucking in October, let's watch the debates and vote for or against one of the fucknuts.

Hey, I got a hall pass from the wife for the weekend of June 14!

CLIMB ON!

Edited by sirwoofalot

Loss of world respect because we don't kiss ass any more. Now we Kick ASS!

Rah Rah Rah, just like a football game is how you come across. Nothing wrong with defending ourselves, I supported the Afgan military response. We have a great military, capable, motivated, competent. I'm an Army veteran myself. However, we have misquided leadership and do not seem to know when to end a conflict. Bush's "regime change, welcome us like liberators" bullshit is unbelievable.

Were you there in Iraq?

No, J2/J3 operations in Panama and Chile, does that matter?

Loss of world respect because we don't kiss ass any more. Now we Kick ASS!

We have a great military, capable, motivated, competent. I'm an Army veteran myself. ... Bush's "regime change, welcome us like liberators" bullshit is unbelievable.

Were you there in Iraq?

No, J2/J3 operations in Panama and Chile, does that matter?

Yes it does.

I agree with what you implied, “there is a lot of miss leading being done by the media”.

I can not know the truth from what I get from our media sources; no one can unless they were there.

From your perspective, what's the problem with $4/gallon gas, and what would you like the government to do to reduce the price?

I think we will adjust to $4 gas if only it would stay that low. It is anticipated to rise.

Bush's support of "exporting" jobs to third world countries has contributed to their increase in oil consumption. Does this sound a bit selfish? maybe, but we do have to look out for number one.

It has been debated that rising investing in oil has caused artificial increases in cost, just like with the dot com industry years ago and the housing market not so long ago.

Bush's involvement in an unpopular middle east war has not set well with other arab leaders and OPEC.

THere are lots of reasons for increased oil prices, and a responsive government could in fact help lower those costs.

Now we're getting somewhere. Thanks for your response.

For my part, if $4 gas is the price we pay for people that were formerly mired in staggering poverty rising out of it by the tens of millions every year, then that seems like a bargain to me. If they can afford fuel at this price, that means that they can also afford to educate their children, have enough to eat, pay for medical procedures that would have been unthinkable for them previously, stay warm in the winter, etc.

I'm not convinced that one can explain the year-on-year price moves on this basis, much less that they can all afford fuel prices that are creating demand destruction in the US - but a higher baseline price as a consequence of increases in demand that outpace supply is perfectly logical.

When it comes to a responsive government lowering real fuel prices - what specific actions would you like to see them take? From my perspective, these would have to come in one of two forms - increasing supply, or reducing demand. Is there anything that you think that the government could do that would drive efforts to conserve fuel, and enhance fuel/energy efficiency with more speed and force than higher prices? What would you like to see them do to increase supply?

And finally - aren't the net affects of higher prices on US energy consumption an unalloyed positive from a left/environmentalist perspective? I thought this was what everyone arguing from that vantage point wanted to see happen.

What do you think about the govt. subsidizing alternative energy sources (i.e. not fossil fuels, wind, wave, etc.)? These initiatives mandating that govt. buy XX% of it's energy from alternative sources seems like a step in the right direction. They are creating a market, giving potential producers a bit more security.

High gas prices will also have the same effect (making alternative energy more viable).

Hmmm...I guess I haven't really addressed the issue of how govt. could get the gas prices down now though did I? Well, if we had enough alternative sources of energy, this may dampen fossil-fuel prices by increasing supply. Though this seems like a long ways off.

Edited by chucK

Reduced consumer demand for oil will bring the price down. It happened Tuesday until a threat to a Nigerian oil refinery by rebels propelled it up to $130/barrel again. The saudi's, russians et all are not going to do anything that will bring the price down. Bush has gone begging more than once and they just laugh at him. Can't say I blame them, the guy's a joke.

I think US auto makers have the message loud and clear that americans want more efficient vehicles and will buy them in sufficient numbers to make it profitable for them. It's gonna take time for them to ramp up production on hybrids etc.

I like government encouraging conservation and alternative energy sources. However, there are significant challenges faced by utilities that are integrating wind generation into power grids. Wind turbines produce inductive var which need to be ofset for proper operation of the power system, also, wind cannot be counted upon during peak load periods therefore consistant regulation/reserve obligations get complicated. It is good people realize our resources are limited and efforts are made to bring new technologies to bear to alleviate pressures on those resources.

Here in the NW US there are thousands of megawatts available now, when the wind blows.

d

What do you think about the govt. subsidizing alternative energy sources (i.e. not fossil fuels, wind, wave, etc.)? These initiatives mandating that govt. buy XX% of it's energy from alternative sources seems like a step in the right direction. They are creating a market, giving potential producers a bit more security.

High gas prices will also have the same effect (making alternative energy more viable).

Hmmm...I guess I haven't really addressed the issue of how govt. could get the gas prices down now though did I? Well, if we had enough alternative sources of energy, this may dampen fossil-fuel prices by increasing supply. Though this seems like a long ways off.

I think it's possible that you could cut domestic demand for fossil fuels through a number of mechanisms (rationing, taxation, subsidizing other forms of energy, etc), but measures that dampen demand in the US wouldn't necessarily have an effect on demand elsewhere - and the lower prices brought about in such a fashion could make it cost-effective/rational for others to divert consumption back to (now less expensive) fossil fuels and away from cleaner/costlier alternatives.

On balance, it's hard to forsee domestic demand reductions having an impact unless they exceed the magnitude of demand increases elsewhere.

I personally think that pulling a Volcker and raising interest rates enough to make using oil (and other commodities)to hedge against the risks of inflation, and a falling dollar a costly, and losing bet would be much more effective than any direct interventions in the energy market. There's more to the story than a declining dollar and efforts to hedge against it, but if you compare oil/commodity price increases in dollars and Euros, the falling dollar is clearly a significant piece of the puzzle.

You can thank all of the retards involved in the housing bubble - from buyers to the folks buying the repackaged loans at the end of the chain - for interest rates low enough to fuel inflation and a run on the dollar. Bernanke's version of Scilla and Charybdis - housing implosion on one hand, inflation and a run on the dollar on the other.

fw, your intense phobia of any potential presidental candidate never ceases to amaze me. From one who voted for bush. TWICE..

Your political comments just reinforce what a complete idiot you are.. Fuck off.

...this coming from a little dick who pokes fun at a girl searching for her lost father? I think it is you who lacks common decency. Punk.

fw, your intense phobia of any potential presidental candidate never ceases to amaze me. From one who voted for bush. TWICE..

Your political comments just reinforce what a complete idiot you are.. Fuck off.

...this coming from a little dick who pokes fun at a girl searching for her lost father? I think it is you who lacks common decency. Punk.

Eat a bag of growlers AssClown...